• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 05:58 AM

I have way too much work to do to prepare for eldora , including installing serious power , making new sides thanks to the guys who thought my car looked too good the last 2 weeks , mounting and grooving UMP tires , AND keeping production rolling on the worlds finest custom decks .... So sorry to let down hole beater nation but I will not be racing at ppms this weekend. Eldora is the only place I can shut all of the pole smokers on this boards mouths in 1 night ... So eldora is where I will be .

#2 jon sleepy

jon sleepy

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:24 AM

good luck to u :)

#3 speedster101

speedster101

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:titties & beer

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:06 AM

TDN is having a World 100 pick em contest. You worthy of a pick or should I just pick the big boys?

#4 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:19 AM

Are they giving you odds ? Here's the thing no one in the world thinks I can go make race other than me. I've been there and I know without a doubt I can or I wouldn't be going back. Going fast at eldora requires 3 things

1. Big Power
2. A car that will rotate
3. And the balls to hold it WFO
It's not ppms with Its 10 inch wide dominate groove and everyone runs the same clean tires and every single car that transfers has a tire sample taken. I'm confident enough that I'm betting the 3 or 4 k that weekend is going to cost. If anyone wants to hear how things are completely unfiltered ... Stop by my pit area

#5 speedster101

speedster101

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:titties & beer

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:35 AM

Theres a post on the pa/oh message board. No odds just pick drivers. I wasn't being a smart ass it was a serious question

#6 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 07:49 AM

Scott Bloomquist is the best there is at Eldora if the same race is run 3 times he wins at least 1, Moyer is also very good there but not as consistent a threat to win as Bloomquist . If I had to put money on the winner it's Bloomquist

#7 Ring Gear

Ring Gear

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • Interests:Not Many..

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:34 AM

They cut the banking down for the truck race to promote 2, 3, wide racing and
it worked.

I would think that the track is still the same. No more balls to the wall and scraping
the wall to be fast.

Myself I kind of liked it that way. I liked the idea of never having to lift to get
around the joint. Kinda separated the men from the boys.

I don't know if all the seat time has to be thrown out the window or not with the new
track configuration.

Legend is more qualified to answer that then I am.

Good Luck to " The Legend " and that new Pierce car. Like to see him make it..

#8 brian44mracing

brian44mracing

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:07 PM

Agreed. Good luck there legend. Hope you have a nice showing. Will be rooting for ya.

#9 JollyFun

JollyFun

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:47 PM

Good luck..

#10 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:56 PM

I don't think the minor changes to the track will effect much. They purposely made it like asphalt for the trucks and for the late models they dig it up before qualifying and again before the heats. The dirt on that track has tons traction until it's dead slick. They have knocked banking down on the top side many times over the years but it gets watered enough to have a legitimate cushion so there will always be a top side but we just seen McDowell come from 23rd to win on the bottom. The facility and the way things are run out there is just such a higher level than what we have here. Out there rules are rules and everyone is teched no matter if your Scott Bloomquist or your me. It frustrates me that tracks around here don't aspire to be what eldora is.

#11 TEAM29

TEAM29

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:DIRT track racing, Fishing, Hunting and did I mention DIRT track racing???!!!

Posted 28 August 2014 - 04:14 PM

Yeah good luck there 69....hope to see ya have a good run and hope to see ya on TV, and if things don't work out, at least you got the BALLS to haul all the way out there and give it a shot....

Bone29

#12 tjtrackrabbit

tjtrackrabbit

Race Fan

• Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 06:34 PM

Best of good luck to you Jon !

If you ain't live'n life on the edge, yer taken up to much room.

#13 lm/0/12/71/72

lm/0/12/71/72

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:05 PM

Good luck Legend . I had a buddy who ran 410 and 360 Sprints that always wanted me to go to Eldora. I regret never going with him. He told me it scared the crap out of him till he got used to it then it was wide open and the banking held you on the track. He said the only time he used the brakes was to miss somebody or when the caution came out other than that it was full bore racing.

#14 DavyLee2

DavyLee2

• Members
  • 3,369 posts
  • Interests:racing/music/billiards

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:52 PM

I will wager $1000 to anyone who wants it that you dont make the show .. and its not because i think you cant drive ( and i do ) its because you dont race enough ! Its very hard in my opinion to just jump in a race car you never have time to race and go fast like you did when you ran the crate class with the 430 coronet . Seat time is allot in my opinion and even if you were Scott bloomquist at one time , you have to keep racing to stay sharp and not lose precious microseconds to  the distraction of speed clouding your judgement of how the car is working  . I wish you and any local who ventures out there the best of luck !.... ... .. I will ask Ty Miley at PPMS to hold the $2000 as a neutral money holder till Tuesday if anyone is interested and i mean it when i say good luck . its a great dream ! like buying $4000 worth of power ball tickets 

JMM and JMO

#15 coconut

coconut

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:02 PM

Davy Lee why would yo not just put that grand into set of tires for him

#16 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:22 AM

Wow Davey that's a huge set of balls you have there .... You want to bet even up that a dude who has only raced twice this year .... Only driven. Pierce race car twice only been to eldora once only raced 6 times in 2013 won't be able to go crack the starting field for a race where 120+ try and 28 make it ..... I'm pretty sure Vegas would give 50 to 1 odds on that. Yes your absolutely right if I was going to eldora with Robbie Allen wrenching and having raced 450 times in the last 5 years I would have a much better chance I agree. Fella I never raced a crate car , we ran built racing engines when I ran limiteds and I seem to recall the first time ran a big motor all the way back in 2003 I ran those same mid 17 second laps that everyone creamed themselves over 2 weeks ago .... On used brick hard 55's because thats all I had and it wasn't a 430 if it was the laps times would have been absurdly fast. But the point is on that night I had a car that was capable of being driven 90% as fast as I was capable of driving it. The first night in the pierce car the first lap in the pierce car , my first time racing this year was WFO matted at ppms , no brakes no lift . After that I made the wrong adjustments and the rest of the night was a cluster fuk. My point being that if I can get this car to be capable of being driven 95-100% as fast as I am
Capable of driving it in will be in that race and if not I will be watching like 92 other cars. I'm not afraid of that and I'm sure as hell not afraid to run that place WFO . You raced a 200 hp 305 strictly stock dude ..... Against inexperienced drivers. Me going to eldora and making the world 100 may be improbable but it's not impossible in fact I like my odds or I wouldn't be going

#17 BUTTBEAK

BUTTBEAK

RAPIDIUSRIDICULOSIS's

• Members
  • 1,554 posts
  • Interests:Painting Landscapes

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:59 AM

I have way too much work to do to prepare for eldora , including installing serious power , making new sides thanks to the guys who thought my car looked too good the last 2 weeks , mounting and grooving UMP tires , AND keeping production rolling on the worlds finest custom decks .... So sorry to let down hole beater nation but I will not be racing at ppms this weekend. Eldora is the only place I can shut all of the pole smokers on this boards mouths in 1 night ... So eldora is where I will be .

Now we won't easily  know where the last lap car is.

It ain't the car!

Edited by BUTTBEAK, 29 August 2014 - 08:00 AM.

#18 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:21 AM

What car you do drive ???? What are your accomplishments ???? Let me
Guess your employee of the month at the wilkinsburgh Mc Donald's ???? I have a word for guys like you who runs there's mouths with a screen name .... I call you guys fagggot bitches go back to asking if they want frys with that

#19 racer777

racer777

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:09 AM

Family Guy: I work at burgerking:

#20 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts