SATTERLEE

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 jo73

jo73

No Life

• Members
  • 2,186 posts
  • Interests:Life, Dirt racing, H-D, Golf, Corvettes, Street Rods.

Posted 14 February 2016 - 06:57 AM

Yea. There was a person standing behind the fence going into turn 3 at the WoO late model show. He held 2 flashlights with those red coned lenses. He was interesting to watch as he was signaling for him to go low or hi. The way costs are out of control they mite as well just let them have 2 way communication. Blocking and wrecking. The fans would love it.

#22 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 07:06 AM

Lucas doesn't allow any type of lights

#23 3 link

3 link

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 07:59 AM

I was at Eriez a couple years ago helping an e-mod guy  and I saw the sticks communication thing going on with teams in several classes........then an announcement  came over the sound system ........no sticks or go home and don't come back........

If teams are going to communicate anyway.....I say let them have a mirror.....I think there's more driver skill involved in using a mirror .......than a 2 way radio or looking at a spot at the fence ......I'd put a mirror in my car in a minute if I could...... just my humble opinion

#24 BaconBits

BaconBits

Light heavyweight champion of my house

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  • Interests:Medium pimping.

Posted 14 February 2016 - 01:01 PM

This was my first Lucas Oil Super Late race I saw something last night I haven't seen before we were near turn 4 and there was a guy dressed in a yellow vest and he had 2 homemade orange batons and would jump up when Davenport would come out of the turn and signal to him the distance the car was behind him by holding them out wide or close sometimes in a t to signal what was going on behind him. I never saw anyone else do that I don't know if anybody else has ever seen that done before. I am almost 65 been to a lot of sanctioned races that's a first for me.

You've never seen that before at a sanctioned race? It's been going on for years. You just must have never been near a crew guy signaling before.

Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

#25 dirtstudent2

dirtstudent2

• Members
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 04:52 PM

Legend is correct per Lucas Rule book:

12.29 Other

A.) NO two­way radios. No crew to driver radio or transmitted communications of any kind.

All they have to do is enforce it and it will stop.  Before someone says they have to prove the person signaling is part of the crew, no they don't all they have to do is penalize and it will be up to the car involved to prove or convince otherwise.  

Here's the url for the rest of the rule book:  http://lucasdirt.com...6-Rule-Book.pdf

#26 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 05:50 PM

Just stop !!! Your allowed to fuking signal you just can't reach through the fence and you can't use lights ... I go
To these fuking races you don't , I stand in the fuking drivers meetings you don't

#27 WannaRace

WannaRace

Race Fan

• Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 05:55 PM

Lots of people go, and stand in the drivers meetings.  

#28 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 06:39 PM

Yes and every single one of them knows that fuking signaling is legal !!!

#29 lm/0/12/71/72

lm/0/12/71/72

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 09:58 PM

Didn't mean for anyone to get their racing suit in a bind or to fire anyone up I don't go in the pits anymore so I imagine it goes on a lot maybe behind me I usually sit down low near turn 4 and just haven't seen it haven't been to a drivers meeting in years so I just thought I would bring it up to get some comments next time I will keep it to myself and ask some of my racing buddies not post it here.

#30 Cool1

Cool1

• Members
  • 520 posts
  • Interests:Racin

Posted 15 February 2016 - 11:50 AM

Probably a good idea, this used to really be an interesting site, but 2-3 people just want to disrupt and piss people off. The only reason I still even get on here is

To see if they have gone away.

Edited by Cool1, 15 February 2016 - 11:53 AM.

#31 pudnats

pudnats

Race Fan

• Members
  • 563 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 02:23 PM

Who are these 2-3 people you speak of?

Somethings just seem backwards.

#32 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 02:46 PM

I would argue the most disruptive one is dirt student ...

#33 Parocket

Parocket

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 02:47 PM

I go to races and stand in drivers meeting and I have not turned a wheel other than to unload the car.

#34 lvillefan19

lvillefan19

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 04:33 PM

Russell king had a guy in the crowd telling him distances at lernerville weekly

#35 powerplant

powerplant

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 06:01 PM

the fentons have a cheer leader in turn 4 telling them the distances at hummingbird

#36 starboyshady

starboyshady

• Members
  • 856 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 06:20 PM

Hmmmmn.... I wonder who 😂😂😂

#37 bezerker

bezerker

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 06:54 PM

It all depends on how you interpret the word "transmitted" in the rules. I would think this means via radio or box of some sort, not manual. Its all in how you read the rules.

Congrats to Zeigler and Satterlee they both did very well so far.

#38 ProDirt

ProDirt

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 07:03 AM

the fentons have a cheer leader in turn 4 telling them the distances at hummingbird

LOL . Yes but he's signaling to his driver how far behind he is and he needs to speed up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users