Posted 29 July 2016 - 08:20 PM

Not a fan but he drove his ass off congrats

#2 ramorganti

ramorganti

• Members
  • 1,949 posts
  • Interests:auto racing

Posted 29 July 2016 - 10:35 PM

That was a incredible race tonight.... He could have wrecked a number of times. I think this gets my vote for the best latemodel race of the year at Lernerville. He always put everything on the table. Great night of racing in every division tonight.

#3 racing41

racing41

Cool Newbie

• Member Group
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 12:54 AM

agree best late model race of the season. Love or hate him he can really wheel a car.

#4 dano47

dano47

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 03:30 AM

I have been going to the races for more than 40 years. I've never seen anyone get up on the wheel for the entire race like John does. Very entertaining.

Fire all your guns at once.

#5 cumminsman08

cumminsman08

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 04:42 AM

Would like to see a video if someone could post it when available. Always looking for some good racing at another track since we can't make em all

#6 Crew13

Crew13

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • Interests:Racin, Football,Hiking

Posted 30 July 2016 - 08:47 AM

agree best late model race of the season. Love or hate him he can really wheel a car.

I just watched it and I wouldnt even put it in my top ten.  Flinner made a nice save on lap 8,  I'll give him that but if he would drive with half a brain, he wouldn't have had to make that save in the first place.  Also, if you call running over a guy twice in half a lap wheeling a car well I don't wont to be on the race track with you.  I have see a lot of people abuse Flinner on this board and it not be warranted but if I was Pegher, he would have gotten abused in victory lane.

#7 barneyoldfield

barneyoldfield

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 09:04 AM

Like I said I'm not a flinner fan had to be there pretty exciting I've been around racing for 40 years and last night was badass late model short track racing unfortunetly pegher got the short end of it and I'm a pegher fan

#8 Mod Pro

Mod Pro

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 09:32 AM

Awesome race... appears it was unfortunate Finner couldn't race him cleanly and pass... he could have captured that win anyhow... just a bummer he had to punt to win... looks like all racing was great last night. Congrats to all

#9 Chrome Horn

Chrome Horn

Race Fan

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 09:48 AM

Let's not get carried away here. Yes, Flinner won, yes it was controversial. But for the most part he has not been good the last 10 years. Looks like at his old age, the catcalls are starting to get to him as seen in the youtube video. I'm sure when Josh Richards or Scott Bloomquist get booed, they don't go out of their way to make comments to the people. He got his 1 Lernerville win for the year, good job.

#10 barneyoldfield

barneyoldfield

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 09:59 AM

Ya his comments in victory lane show who he really is ... Trashing the new xr1 and saying his car is a JF XXX really ... He's something

#11 fastforward1

fastforward1

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:14 AM

What that video does not show is lap 8 when Flinner had a clean run outside of pegher on the front stretch and pegher steered into him causing Flinner to contact the outside wall. Watch again ...when the persons camera moved back to the leaders Flinner is sliding side to side near the bottom entering turn 1. This was after being walled by pegher. Turn about is fair play .

" Looks like ONE MORE, for the good guys "..........Scott Hall

#12 bezerker

bezerker

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:49 AM

Congrats John good to see ya back into your winning ways!

#13 Toolbox3

Toolbox3

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:54 AM

If I was the1 car I would have taken us both out with a dipstick slide job move like that, codo's for the 1 car to only take himself out!

#14 LM RACING

LM RACING

Race Fan

• Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 11:56 AM

He could of held on to it and still made a decent finnish if not still contend for the win. It is racing on dirt. The (you bumped me so I quit) attitudes have to stop. Sheet metal is made to bend and slide jobs are part of the game. That's what makes it exciting.

Matt D

#15 bhhracing

bhhracing

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 12:05 PM

I guess your not a driver with a one man crew that works 50+ hours a week just to be able to have a fun night out and race? You think it is fun to fix all that stuff you mentioned?

#16 LM RACING

LM RACING

Race Fan

• Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 12:20 PM

We do it every week weather its a clump of mud or a car something usually needs straightening. It's just part of the territory. His stuff still needs straightened but now he doesn't have $1000 to make it a little easier.

Matt D

#17 lvillefan19

lvillefan19

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 01:18 PM

Why is everyone crying about that slide job. It is part of dirt racing. I guess all the haters are over looking the fact that pegher almost took John out by running him into the wall. What goes around comes around. Pegher could of saved that caution and still finished decent. Congratulations to John on the well deserved win

#18 Vigoda Motorsports

Vigoda Motorsports

Race Fan

• Members
  • 898 posts
  • Interests:Young movie starlets, acting in big budget Hollywood films, and Western Pennsylvania dirt track racing

Posted 30 July 2016 - 02:08 PM

Having seen the video, I have less off a problem with the slidejob than I do the spectacle he made of himself in victory lane. Is he playing some sort of character now? Him and his see you next Tuesday babysitter seemed to go way out of their way to be obnoxious.

Who wants an autograph?

#19 CHEYENNE

CHEYENNE

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 06:51 PM

That race,wouldn't make my top 100. Just a typical race. John Boy,couldn't get past him,so he took him out. Maybe,with a little patience,he could have, But,as someone said. He was up on the wheel. LOL. That's not the first issue,John has had over the years,with the 1C.

#20 racepace

racepace

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 06:58 PM

Did Flinner leave the track without getting into a fight with anyone? He has been in more pit fights in his day than Mike Tyson !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users