• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#21 Chrome Horn

Chrome Horn

Race Fan

• Members
  • 631 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 01:35 PM

Well I am not a Blair fan, I do respect what he has done. I find it ironic one of your beefs is he runs the same tracks. Besides Charlier, tell me 1 weekly driver at Pittsburgh who goes out and races at other tracks? Blair probably isn't a huge fan of Pittsburgh, but he would be the only one who can tell us that. The fact that they had 4,000 to win crate shows the last 2 years and he didn't show up would lead one to come to the fact.

#22 #TheTruth

#TheTruth

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:11 PM

Pittsburgh for sure has the most weekly competition for crates. I'm not hating on Blair, I just don't understand the hype. Maybe it's carried over from his father? Yes, he wins a lot locally. As I stated before he is second in the dirt million points behind only Bloomquist, how does he get there above drivers like Pierce, Richards, Moran etc.

#TheTruth

#23 #TheTruth

#TheTruth

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:18 PM

Well I am not a Blair fan, I do respect what he has done. I find it ironic one of your beefs is he runs the same tracks. Besides Charlier, tell me 1 weekly driver at Pittsburgh who goes out and races at other tracks? Blair probably isn't a huge fan of Pittsburgh, but he would be the only one who can tell us that. The fact that they had 4,000 to win crate shows the last 2 years and he didn't show up would lead one to come to the fact.

Again, I'm not hating on him. I'm just asking how someone that runs so few places and not national races even once a month is so popular and labeled as accomplished. Im trying to understand this. In my opinion you can't compare Blair with a weekly Pittsburgh racer. 1. Those guys don't do it for a living. 2. They aren't said to be so great without any evidence. I'm confused why several wins locally makes you a national hero. I'm not putting down what he does, I'm sure he's one of few locals actually making money racing. I just don't understand how he's mentioned with the names of true Hall of famers

#TheTruth

#24 Rocket714

Rocket714

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:27 PM

To bring up the points thing about the dirt million, I feel as though western pa has a huge following of dirt racing fans and many are choosing to go to Mansfield for that particular race because we only get 2 quality national late model races a year around here. So I would be to say that most people from this area going to that race are going to vote the local guy(blair) into the race whether they love him or hate him. It would be silly for people to vote guys like pierce in when they run at the national level year round. So I wouldn't say blair is nationally known.

#25 Hot Dog

Hot Dog

• Members
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:31 PM

Seems like you really really like him to me. I'm looking for intelligent conversation as to why he receives so much recognition and such a large fan base with little to no accomplishments? Why don't other locals have the recognition and fan base he has with more accomplishments?

Youre right, I heart Maxy poo... what are you, 12? Im giving you reasons and you dont want to hear it. You ever go to Eriez? Theres a huge crowd and a large portion are wearing Blair stuff. Meanwhile you can count the people at Pittsburgh with your fingers and toes. Its kind of hard to market yourself when theres no people there. No people there = no one voting for you in the million. You dont have to like it to see it for what it is.

• Roo likes this

#26 sicario

sicario

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:32 PM

It's because he's won so much with both the crate and super. Yes it may just be locally but he appeals to the casual fan for whatever reason. If you show up to a track pretty clueless you probably still know who he is or have at least heard his name. There are people i know for a fact have never been to a race that wear his shirts.

Max has it down to a system. Every race is an investment for him as this is what he does. And while his finances are none of my concernn i brought up TBR previously as $$$ was part of the excuse for not running more tracks or lernerville, ummm it's not like he's broke either. He's allowed to run wherever and whenever he wants but all the excuses from years past were so so old. Then someone has a fit and gave the Billy Madison speech about expecting him to work for free..... which had absolutley nothing to do with what i said or was getting at but if you question him the pitchforks come out... And this is things from the fanbase, not even Max but it's annoying how delusional and clueless the loudest portion of his fanbase are. This really has nothing to do with him but the perception. Same reason i hate the Pens. People say Blair is disliked because he wins.... no, Watson wins just as much and I've never heard a bad word about thr driver or the man and i have absolutley no Issue with Joel. The guy can win every week and i'd still enjoy watching him.

With Blair it used to be the way he drove the crate that i disliked such as the Genco incident, when he threw a crate race away at tri city because he tried to take Pegher's line/run him to the fence like he did Miley at Stampede. But he's matured a lot and doesn't run the super like he did the crate.

As for the dirt million i think he's the only person from that region signed up. Maybe chub was, i can't remember now. I know Miley is and he has a dollowing there but he's not a weekly guy. Atp, who cares. Most people can't see things from both sides but this entire thread has surprised me as it was a lot more calm than expected haha. Maybe we're turning a corner!!!
I'm just happy it stopped raining every weekend man, go enjoy the races. We're fortunate to have guys like Max, Hess, Miley, Ferree, Norris, Watson, Swartzlander, Kings, Lynch, Sodeman, Flick, Dan Davies, Lunger, Eicher, Hall, Gordon, Schneider, Rhoades, Miller, Eucker and on and on. Go support then while we still can or go root against them.

Edited by sicario, 10 July 2018 - 02:48 PM.

#27 Hot Dog

Hot Dog

• Members
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:40 PM

http://www.teamblair....com/maxbio.htm

Take a look there. I see wins at Deleware, East Bay, Bubbas, Bedford, Roaring Knob, Winchester, Lernerville, Wayne County, Tyler County, WV Speedway, and more. Just because he chooses to race weekly stuff close to home most of the time doesnt mean he doesnt have tons of wins elsewhere.

• Roo likes this

#28 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 3,390 posts
  • Interests:Auto racing...Beer & gas/oil collectibles

Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:44 PM

Some of you seem to forget that Max races to make a living!!  So it only makes sense that he goes where his team can show the most profit!!  Running four races every week at two tracks does that!!  Many guys only race at a single track and never go anywhere else.  In accomplishments in recent years, who else is in his league besides Miley and Ferree??   And he has beaten the WoO drivers, how many other local drivers can say that??  He has topped my Cavalcade Points in both classes the past two years and could do it again this year.  Put a big bounty on Michael Norris at Lernerville and maybe he will come down some Friday!!

GOOD RACING TO ALL!!!

Walt 

#29 #TheTruth

#TheTruth

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:45 PM

Youre right, I heart Maxy poo... what are you, 12? Im giving you reasons and you dont want to hear it. You ever go to Eriez? Theres a huge crowd and a large portion are wearing Blair stuff. Meanwhile you can count the people at Pittsburgh with your fingers and toes. Its kind of hard to market yourself when theres no people there. No people there = no one voting for you in the million. You dont have to like it to see it for what it is.

Pittsburgh doesn't race late models weekly so that reference is irrelevant. Again I'm not trying to argue. I asked a genuine question and you keep spitting information not related to the question. From what I've gathered, his father most likely initiated a following when he was successful. Max now races way more than Rob so the fans are now Max fans. PA, NY, OH fans enjoyed watching Rob, now they watch Max. That makes up a large number of fans. I see that. If your going to keep replying please be relevant.

#TheTruth

#30 #TheTruth

#TheTruth

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:50 PM

Some of you seem to forget that Max races to make a living!!  So it only makes sense that he goes where his team can show the most profit!!  Running four races every week at two tracks does that!!  Many guys only race at a single track and never go anywhere else.  In accomplishments in recent years, who else is in his league besides Miley and Ferree??   And he has beaten the WoO drivers, how many other local drivers can say that??  He has topped my Cavalcade Points in both classes the past two years and could do it again this year.  Put a big bounty on Michael Norris at Lernerville and maybe he will come down some Friday!!

GOOD RACING TO ALL!!!

Walt 

Personally I think Norris is the best around. He's fast everywhere he goes. I'd like to see him get a shot at running a national series and see how he would do.

#TheTruth

#31 Hot Dog

Hot Dog

• Members
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:53 PM

Personally I think Norris is the best around. He's fast everywhere he goes. I'd like to see him get a shot at running a national series and see how he would do.

Youve said all you need to say haha. Goodness

#32 Rocket714

Rocket714

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:59 PM

You can't really compare Blair and Norris. Norris would need to leave lernerville and at the very least go run the ULMS races and be a dominate force to compare the two. Yes Norris does go south at the beginning of the year and is fast down there, but that's it. If you want to compare the two, Norris has to leave lernerville and race more regionally.

#33 BaconBits

BaconBits

Light heavyweight champion of my house

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  • Interests:Medium pimping.

Posted 10 July 2018 - 03:50 PM

You can't really compare Blair and Norris. Norris would need to leave lernerville and at the very least go run the ULMS races and be a dominate force to compare the two. Yes Norris does go south at the beginning of the year and is fast down there, but that's it. If you want to compare the two, Norris has to leave lernerville and race more regionally.

Norris has done far more in his limited national action than Max has done in his limited national action if you really want to compare.

Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

#34 sicario

sicario

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 466 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 04:07 PM

Here's another thing that can't be forgotten raegarding his fans and his career. Max has been racing for a long long time whether it was go karts, or running an emod in the area to get his feet wet in a big car, to the fast track lates at tri city to rush to now. Firdt time I saw him in a big car was an emod in 04 at tri city. Saw him run karts before that. He had a following with his dads fans and some of his own at the beginning that's grown over the years. When you race that long and finish up front you'll have fans and bandwagoners alike.

#35 BUTTBEAK

BUTTBEAK

RAPIDIUSRIDICULOSIS's

• Members
  • 1,554 posts
  • Interests:Painting Landscapes

Posted 10 July 2018 - 04:24 PM

Seems someone is obsessed with Max.....differently than his justified fan base.

When you are a car owner, you decide what is best for your program, not the Stud think tank.

Edited by BUTTBEAK, 10 July 2018 - 04:24 PM.

#36 jo73

jo73

No Life

• Members
  • 2,184 posts
  • Interests:Life, Dirt racing, H-D, Golf, Corvettes, Street Rods.

Posted 10 July 2018 - 04:50 PM

I bet he laughs all the way to the bank every Monday too. Today's pricing, smart racer I say.

#37 WestPA LM Fan

WestPA LM Fan

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 05:29 PM

Walt Wimer said it best in his post, you do what is best for your program/what you can afford. For Max that is racing 4 times per weekend at 2 tracks, plus a good bit of traveling thrown in.

For other guys, they only run 1 night a week at 1 track. But if it works for them, so be it. I believe everyone does what they can do, without ruining themselves. I respect the hell out of all them for the amount of effort/prep it takes to race a top division car even 1 night a week.

Edited by WestPA LM Fan, 10 July 2018 - 05:30 PM.

#38 flash49

flash49

No Life

• Members
  • 6,314 posts
  • Interests:auto racing of course

Posted 10 July 2018 - 06:23 PM

Norris was a big winner at PPMS when he ran there on a weekly basis, and he was the fast qualifier at the Eldora World 100 a few years back.  Max has a strong following in Northwest PA. because he is the premiere driver from that area, doesn't really matter where he races, he's DAMN good at his local venues.

Edited by flash49, 10 July 2018 - 06:25 PM.

#39 Paul55

Paul55

The MAN!!!

• Members
  • 3,864 posts
  • Interests:Racing

Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:28 PM

Max does it for a living and he races where it makes sense for him to race. It's a smart business decision on his part.

(TEAM 14g/CAMPING-Paul Duratz)

#40 D1RT

D1RT

• Members
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:11 PM

The way I see it is his team and money he can do as he damn well pleases.
His sponsors must be happy with it too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users