• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 honeybadger1

honeybadger1

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 01:42 PM

I believe that was the Rush wingless sprints that raced on Wednesday which I think FanJim was talking about. I talked to some people who went and they said they won"t be back on Wednesdays just regular Friday shows. In my OP the crate late models are fun to watch they also get some good car counts. Really it is up the race fan to watch what they like! To each their own.

I also think crate LM's put on a good show.  The comment was made that crate LM's can't be a "headliner" and if you want evidence to that look at Lernerville Wednesday night.  My point is that the crowd that a wingless crate sprint show on a Wednesday night is not indicative of what kind of crowd a crate LM show could draw on a Saturday night.  Apples and oranges..

#42 Hans Solo

Hans Solo

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 09:46 PM

We'll find out this year about CLM as headliners.  Latrobe will have them as top bill unless you think it is the Pro Stocks.  Latrobe was always a SLM track.  I plan to support it on Sat's but only if there is no SLM action close.  I have seen some good CLM racing at PPMS, and DHS.  I think they could get 15 or more weekly.  

#43 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 3,390 posts
  • Interests:Auto racing...Beer & gas/oil collectibles

Posted 29 January 2019 - 12:23 AM

The crate engine Late Models have been the headline class at Raceway 7 for around 8-10 years now and they appear to be doing OK!!

GOOD RACING!!!

Walt

#44 honeybadger1

honeybadger1

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 08:08 AM

As a FAN OF RACING I would much rather see 20 crate cars do battle than watch 5 supers get spread out and run laps with a very predictable winner.  "Oh, but they are so fast, and loud, and expensive, SUPERS or I'm not going!"  Give me a F'in break..

#45 FanJim24

FanJim24

Race Fan

• Members
  • 856 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 08:54 AM

As a FAN OF RACING I would much rather see 20 crate cars do battle than watch 5 supers get spread out and run laps with a very predictable winner.  "Oh, but they are so fast, and loud, and expensive, SUPERS or I'm not going!"  Give me a F'in break..

I actually agree with all of that. If the crates are able to race each other, and I think it can depend on the track, then my problem is not with crate racing itself. It's when there is the appearance of racing, with no real chance of making the pass, and yes that also happens in SLMs too often, and I hate it just as much. 

My dad drove late models in the early 70's at North Hills, Butler, Mercer, Blanket Hill, and occasionally Tri City. We won the last late model track championship at Blanket Hill. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users