• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 bobsburgers

bobsburgers

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 09:47 AM

Eckert's schedule clearly says "OFF" for this weekend. Now I know he could change his mind but I'm guessing that was done intentionally so everyone would leave him alone about this weekend.

#22 dirtstudent2

dirtstudent2

• Members
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 10:13 AM

hodgkss, ppms super late champion thats a joke.he was a back marker every race. :lol:  :lol: 

I haven't looked at their final points but if he won the championship he deserved it and we should congratulate him on a job well done.

Races are won by cars, drivers and cars and drivers having slightly better luck and skill.

Championships are usually won from the group of cars with the best attendance. 

His winning a championship weather he was the fastest of the slow guys usually in attendance or the fastest of the fast cars usually in attendance is well deserved.  Bleacher creachers who spent their money to watch should acknowledge his hard work no matter what skill he had on the track.  His hard work winning a championship through what ever means is a huge far cry above fan bitching and complaining.  

If the fast popular racers were not there to challenge him it was only because the track paid out shit along with the cost to race there being too high making it not worth their effort to go there.  AND BECAUSE THE TRACK DIDN'T MAKE IT WORTH THE TIME IT TOOK FOR FAST POPULAR RACERS TO GO THERE, IT'S WHAT ALL THE BITCHING FANS GOT TO SEE.   It's not his fault he won a championship and you complaining fans don't like it, it's his efforts which won the championship.

The only reason you don't get to see THE FAST POPULAR RACERS AT ppms IS BECAUSE THE TRACK DOESN'T PONY UP WHAT'S NECESSARY TO GET THEM TO RACE THERE.  It's the same with Lernerville getting beat out for racers on Friday nights by a track way out in the sticks.  Lernerville doesn't take care of it's racers the same as PPMS does not take care of the racers who put on the show, so the racers go somewhere else.

Then in comes RUSH to fill the void because the quality fans hope to see when they pay their way in at the front gate is gone.  Then comes the bitching from the fans and some racers because their beloved track is gone.  Fan bitching doesn't close a track, not listening to and taking care of racers along with having too many friends and relatives on the payroll is what closes tracks.   IMHO the ONLY thing which keeps PPMS going is good management and only having enough employees on the payroll which are needed to put the show on.  I'll also bet but do not know that half or not most of the employees are there because they love racing and take their payout under the table.    

#23 dirtstudent2

dirtstudent2

• Members
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 10:37 AM

ya know it also ain't like he went cherry picking looking for the easiest class around to win a jacket or trophe from.

He went to his local track and picked the highest class on the pecking order which normally runs at the track and won a championship.

HATS OFF TO HIM !

#24 bhhracing

bhhracing

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 11:29 AM

I have to agree with you. You can say what you want about the guy but he runs every single lap in rarely has a dnf.

#25 CHEYENNE

CHEYENNE

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 06:57 PM

Congrats to Jon. There's a few on here,that wish they could it like Jon does. Business first.

#26 old man d

old man d

Race Fan

• Members
  • 628 posts

Posted 02 October 2019 - 09:20 PM

I give Jon a lot of credit. He is not a big money racer, but he is out there doing what he loves. I have met Jon once he is a stand up guy. Hang in there and keep racing while you can.

#27 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 3,390 posts
  • Interests:Auto racing...Beer & gas/oil collectibles

Posted 03 October 2019 - 09:13 AM

Has he raced this year??  I don't recall seeing his name in any results.

Walt

#28 BaconBits

BaconBits

Light heavyweight champion of my house

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  • Interests:Medium pimping.

Posted 03 October 2019 - 09:41 AM

Has he raced this year??  I don't recall seeing his name in any results.

Walt

He ran the World 100, but that's it. Decided he needed a new piece after that , and will be debuting a new Rocket XR1 this weekend.

Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

#29 virgin dirt

virgin dirt

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 10:10 AM

Lol Hodgkiss won points simply by showing up every week and getting the 70 show up points. No other car raced every week that year. Dude was lapped in several 8 lap heat races when Feree or Miley raced weekly. I don’t think he’s ever made it out of a C main at eldora and almost junked the leaders getting lapped this year in the heat. I’m sure that XR1 will be the first car lapped this year too lmfao.

#30 bhhracing

bhhracing

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 02:01 PM

You're probably right. A brand new car and you think it's going to be up to par in a couple practice laps that he is going to get on it.

#31 virgin dirt

virgin dirt

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 October 2019 - 06:43 PM

Dude has been racing the same track since what 1995? Take the rocket set up book and go race. Not like he’s a hobby stock driver. Quit making excuses.

#32 jo73

jo73

No Life

• Members
  • 2,186 posts
  • Interests:Life, Dirt racing, H-D, Golf, Corvettes, Street Rods.

Posted 03 October 2019 - 08:04 PM

Jon goes out there very few times a year. His equipment, because he works his ass off, could race with anyone. I think if he could put a year of weekly racing under his but you would see a guy running up front. Some can put the mouth on him in type but wouldn't have the nutz to say to his face.

#33 DirtxxxRacing

DirtxxxRacing

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 06:38 AM

Jon goes out there very few times a year. His equipment, because he works his ass off, could race with anyone. I think if he could put a year of weekly racing under his but you would see a guy running up front. Some can put the mouth on him in type but wouldn't have the nutz to say to his face.

That works both ways with him.  Know of several people who he said on here he'd kick their teeth in, but he's quiet as a field mouse in person.  Also, who can take a guy seriously that can't go five seconds without talking about dick and being gay.  Kinda questionable there.

#34 blue by you

blue by you

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 08:20 AM

That works both ways with him.  Know of several people who he said on here he'd kick their teeth in, but he's quiet as a field mouse in person.  Also, who can take a guy seriously that can't go five seconds without talking about dick and being gay.  Kinda questionable there.

your right on there.....makes you wonder. :huh:

#35 burghfan

burghfan

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 08:44 AM

I think he showed up to PPMS every week when he won the track championship, haven't looked at the results to confirm but would guess his finishes at the end of the year were no better than at the beginning of the year.

#36 jo73

jo73

No Life

• Members
  • 2,186 posts
  • Interests:Life, Dirt racing, H-D, Golf, Corvettes, Street Rods.

Posted 04 October 2019 - 12:31 PM

Jon is a business owner, he can't take a swing at anyone. Ya he talks a good game. He enjoys irritating people. He will tell you he fought that pierce every time it hit the track. Hopefully he has better luck and communication with the xr-1 and team rocket.

#37 GEARHEAD

GEARHEAD

• Members
  • 5,956 posts
  • Interests:LM Racing and rock/metal music

Posted 05 October 2019 - 10:39 PM

My point exactly. Everyone thinks their going to get all these cars. Where they coming from? Most local guys do not attend the touring races. So where are all these cars going to come from to make up the field this weekend?

Yeah, it's a shame there wasn't a full field of supers. They only needed 2 consis.

#38 Vigoda Motorsports

Vigoda Motorsports

Race Fan

• Members
  • 898 posts
  • Interests:Young movie starlets, acting in big budget Hollywood films, and Western Pennsylvania dirt track racing

Posted 07 October 2019 - 08:59 AM

Yeah, it's a shame there wasn't a full field of supers. They only needed 2 consis.

2 consis had nothing to do the size of the field, 2 consis is Lucas format. Nothing wrong with the field. It was as expected.

Who wants an autograph?

#39 GEARHEAD

GEARHEAD

• Members
  • 5,956 posts
  • Interests:LM Racing and rock/metal music

Posted 07 October 2019 - 11:14 AM

2 consis had nothing to do the size of the field, 2 consis is Lucas format. Nothing wrong with the field. It was as expected.

It was sarcasm. The negative people on here said there wouldn't be enough cars to fill the whole starting field. We haven't heard anything from those people since Saturday.

Edited by GEARHEAD, 07 October 2019 - 11:14 AM.

#40 bobsburgers

bobsburgers

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 12:19 PM

There was 37 cars and a quality field it was. Probably only 3 cars were junk and shouldn't have been there. To my surprise 4 cars from the east showed up as well (20, 24, 44, 119). It was a solid night of racing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users