https://speedsport.c...g-can-continue/

• wes likes this

#2 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 3,390 posts
  • Interests:Auto racing...Beer & gas/oil collectibles

Posted 16 March 2020 - 06:43 PM

I would guess they will not run this coming weekend or anytime soon!!!   

Walt

#3 bhhracing

bhhracing

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 16 March 2020 - 09:30 PM

Why not?

#4 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 3,390 posts

Posted 17 March 2020 - 01:17 PM

Governor said all non-essential businesses are to shut down!!!    We love racing but such is not essential to life!!!

Walt

#5 D1RT

D1RT

• Members
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 17 March 2020 - 02:06 PM

Guess you missed the part of his news conference where someone asked him if the PA dirt racing tracks were included and he said NO.
But he also stated that they look at what decision was best for interest of the situation at hand.
As of this afternoon Port Royal has cancelled.

Edited by D1RT, 17 March 2020 - 02:06 PM.

#6 WannaRace

WannaRace

Race Fan

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 17 March 2020 - 02:07 PM

Gov. Wolf says he will NOT force race tracks to close, while also ordering statewide shutdown amid COVID-19 outbreak.

#7 racefan62

racefan62

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 17 March 2020 - 02:22 PM

The Grove and Lincoln have also cancelled for the weekend.

#8 bhhracing

bhhracing

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 17 March 2020 - 02:24 PM

Well mercer whats the plan for next weekeend?

#9 racefan18

racefan18

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 06:20 AM

Well mercer whats the plan for next weekeend?

#10 racefan18

racefan18

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 06:21 AM

Edited by racefan18, 18 March 2020 - 06:22 AM.

#11 jo73

jo73

No Life

• Members
  • 2,186 posts
  • Interests:Life, Dirt racing, H-D, Golf, Corvettes, Street Rods.

Posted 18 March 2020 - 08:46 PM

Maybe rain and cold Temps has something to do with it. Or the fact people are being laid off.

#12 DavyLee2

DavyLee2

• Members
  • 3,369 posts
  • Interests:racing/music/billiards

Posted 19 March 2020 - 12:01 AM

Maybe rain and cold Temps has something to do with it. Or the fact people are being laid off.

Shamed !!?

#13 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 3,390 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 12:05 PM

Mercer canceled this morning!!  Got an email from Jimmy Balentine.

Walt

#14 blue by you

blue by you

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 04:28 PM

Mercer canceled this morning!!  Got an email from Jimmy Balentine.

Walt

I hope this is not what the season going to be.

#15 JohnnyHildo

JohnnyHildo

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 08:44 PM

I hope this is not what the season going to be.

Oh yeah I'd hate for you not to be able to go to the races I'm sure that's the most important thing going on right now selfish idiot you probably want to still go out to dinner and don't understand why everyone is staying home this just the flu right I hope all the bozos with that cavalier attitude don't have to pay the piper and worst of all you're putting other people at risk but oh man if racetracks close you just won't be happy I sure hope you get your way (not).

it's HILDO with an H

#16 michael myers

michael myers

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 09:20 PM

Oh yeah I'd hate for you not to be able to go to the races I'm sure that's the most important thing going on right now selfish idiot you probably want to still go out to dinner and don't understand why everyone is staying home this just the flu right I hope all the bozos with that cavalier attitude don't have to pay the piper and worst of all you're putting other people at risk but oh man if racetracks close you just won't be happy I sure hope you get your way (not).

Hildo, what the hell. Learn to write sentences. 

#17 kaw1109

kaw1109

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 09:23 PM

You want to talk about a "selfish Idiot" a man with a mindless and opened ended decision to shut down our State. Unlike him at his home on Melody lane with no worry's. I as a small business owner can NOT afford to shut down for 1 day let alone week's months only god knows how long. I have to shut my business down in the construction field where I have to talk to no one face to face or touch anything anyone else has touched who could possibly have A virus that I have now control over, but yet beer distributors can function at there normal business schedule🤔. The repercussions of this are not Going to hurt my business in a month or so but into the future with my billing not getting processed.. did he even think before he did this? But hey gotta thank Trump every year I get my taxes done for the 20% tax break for Small businesses....

#18 FanJim24

FanJim24

Race Fan

• Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 12:06 PM

You know, it's more than they way you paint it. Racing season, (real racing season, not the France family's WWE on wheels), is human interaction, and some of us need that. Human interaction is not a luxury it is how we are designed. I know people whose mental health is already at risk over this, because they really are that social. It is real and necessary for them. 

The other very real concern here, is that we are accepting the complete surrender of our constitution and now that have done it once, we can be persuaded to do it any time. 

Not so selfish. 

Edited by FanJim24, 24 March 2020 - 12:12 PM.

My dad drove late models in the early 70's at North Hills, Butler, Mercer, Blanket Hill, and occasionally Tri City. We won the last late model track championship at Blanket Hill. 

#19 Hot Dog

Hot Dog

• Members
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 12:20 PM

The other very real concern here, is that we are accepting the complete surrender of our constitution and now that have done it once, we can be persuaded to do it any time. 

Not so selfish. 

I couldnt possibly agree with this part any more.

#20 kaw1109

kaw1109

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 08:40 PM

(we are accepting ) who is we?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users