v-8 truck

60 replies to this topic

#21 Douglas82

Douglas82

• Members
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:racing

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:07 PM

I talked with two officals at the track and they both told me the trucks had to way 3000lbs to race with the stocks but they did have a advantage being able to place the weight where they wanted to.

#22 racejunkie58P

racejunkie58P

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:Racing

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:19 PM

That was ran as a normal points paying race, I say let the truck race for the cash- he won the race. If it was an outlaw race and points were not being paid then he should not run. If second place gets to run then we want in too...... :lol:

#23 skip

skip

• Members
  • 5,987 posts
  • Interests:racing fan 45 years and hotdogs ,

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:39 PM

That was ran as a normal points paying race, I say let the truck race for the cash- he won the race. If it was an outlaw race and points were not being paid then he should not run.

If second place gets to run then we want in too...... :lol:

I was thinking that to but didnt post any thing on it. If it was a points race he should be allowed to run in the king of the 1/4 mile. The track should of stated that at the meeting before the race as to what would happen if a truck won , and if points would be counted. As far as rookie of the yr. Shouldnt be any different than montoya, indy winner and formula 1 winner. But he was in for rookie of the yr in nascar.
skip

#24 racechasser

racechasser

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:20 PM

Two things !!! The Truck Should be in the KING !!! Put the same tire as the Stocks on it (However that is Limas fault for NOT governing the rules better) AND Koz should be eligable for ROOKIE (first time in the class at the track) , isn't that the way they do that usually? Was when I raced ?

2019 Race Counter - Total- 32 + (Rainouts- 13)  Atomic- 4, Attica- 6, Eldora- 10, Fremont-6, Wayne County-2, Waynesfield- 3, Winchester-1,  

2018 Race Counter - Total-33 + (Rainouts-18) Atomic-2, Attica-7, Eldora- 11, Fremont-3, Kokomo-1, Limaland-2, Mansfield-2, Waynesfield-4, Wayne County-1

2017 Race Counter - Total- 57 + (Rainouts-7) Atomic-3, Attica-5, Bedford-2, Bubba Raceway Park-3, Eldora-6, Eriez-1, Grandview-1, Knoxville-4, Lincoln Park-1, Lincoln-1, Lincoln Fairgrounds-1, Lebanon Valley NY-1, Lernerville-1, Macon- 1, Mansfield-3, Mercer-1, Orange County NY-1, Outlaw NY-1, PPMS-1, Port Royal-3, Selingsgrove-1, Sharon-1, Susquehanna-1, 34 Raceway-1, Tri-City-1, Wayne County-5, Waynesfield-1, Williams Grove-2, Volusia-3

2016 Race Counter: - 51 + (Rainouts-11) Attica-7, Atomic-2, Bedford PA-1 Bubbas Raceway Park-1, Eldora-10 Fremont-7, Gas City IN-1, Grandview PA-1, Kokomo-1, Lebanon Valley Speedway NY-1, Limaland-2, Lincoln Speedway PA-1, Millstream -2, Montpeiler IN-1, Port Royal PA-2, Sharon-1, Williams Grove PA-1, Wayne County-2, Waynesfield-4 Volusia-3. 

2015 Race Counter: - 45 + (M. Nature-10) Atomic-1 Attica-2 Eldora-13 Fremont-2 Limaland-11 Millstream-3 Sharon-1 Wayne County-1 Waynesfield-11

2014 Race Counter: - 34 + (M. Nature-8) Eldora- 10 Fremont- 3 Limaland-6 Waynesfield- 15 

2013 Race Counter: - 30 + (M. Nature-9) Eldora-6 Fremont-2 Gas City-1 Kokomo-1 Limaland-7 Waynesfield-13

2012 Race Counter: - 24 + (M. Nature-4) Attica-1 Eldora-7 Limaland-5 Winchester-1 Waynesfield-10

2011 Race Counter: - 32 + (M.Nature-16) Attica-4 Eldora-9 Fremont-5 Gas City-3 Limaland-10 Waynesfield-1

2010 Race Counter: - 30 + (M. Nature 10) Eldora-6 Limaland-12 Waynesfield-5 Millstream-2 MIS-2 Winchester-1 Attica-1 Fremont-1

2009 Race Counter: - 26 + (M. Nature 7)

#25 skip

skip

• Members
  • 5,987 posts
  • Interests:racing fan 45 years and hotdogs ,

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:21 PM

With only 4 trucks showing for this event i doubt if we will see it again next yr.
skip

#26 voyager

voyager

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 10:52 PM

Ya, put Steve Kinser in the King of Quarter with 360's. That's just stupid and I cannot comment on that. If Koz needs a rookie of the year to make him feel like he is out of diapers then give it to him (late model to stocks to rookie of the year)? Like I said, tell Koz to put his big boy pants on if he wants to win, cause I really don't see that happening this weekend. Like Post said, put him in the King if you are taking second place finishes. JMO

#27 master of all

master of all

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 11:00 PM

Come on no it ALLl whats the difference 50 cid or 600 pounds. Did some of limalands regulars run wit the WOO,S

its not no it all, its master of all, ty........ :blink:
and ya some regulars tried and u see how far they went...

Edited by master of all, 23 August 2009 - 11:02 PM.

IM BACK................

#28 52 fan

52 fan

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:32 AM

What Limaland should have done was let the V8 trucks that showed up race their own heat race so they have some laps. Then had the stocks run 2 races: 1 for pts and 1 mixed with the trucks w/o pts. JMO

#29 Guest_push_*

Guest_push_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:48 AM

its not no it all, its master of all, ty........ :blink:
and ya some regulars tried and u see how far they went...

NOT SCARED!!!!!!!!!!!

#30 Guest_push_*

Guest_push_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2009 - 05:58 AM

Ya, put Steve Kinser in the King of Quarter with 360's. That's just stupid and I cannot comment on that. If Koz needs a rookie of the year to make him feel like he is out of diapers then give it to him (late model to stocks to rookie of the year)? Like I said, tell Koz to put his big boy pants on if he wants to win, cause I really don't see that happening this weekend. Like Post said, put him in the King if you are taking second place finishes. JMO

Jeff never said anything to me about the rookie of the year. I put that post out there to give credit where credit is do. This is Jeffs 1st year at Limaland and has done a great job and has made alot of freinds. Including Tony Anderson that lent him a motor Friday afternoon so he could race last week. Jeff and his crew and family work clear up to being in the trailer on the way to thr track so he could race. I for one hope to see him in victory lane soon.

#31 master of all

master of all

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:02 AM

NOT SCARED!!!!!!!!!!!

who said anything about anybody being scared? :blink: this is about finishing 2nd and thinking its a 1st, and about a v8 truck being invited to race and stealing the money and trophy. another lmp mistake. should of put better rules on the trucks. and he should not be denied for his qualification to the king. so quit calling names before it gets ugly. its just a discusion not a ring. push
IM BACK................

#32 Guest_push_*

Guest_push_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:56 AM

who said anything about anybody being scared? :blink: this is about finishing 2nd and thinking its a 1st, and about a v8 truck being invited to race and stealing the money and trophy. another lmp mistake. should of put better rules on the trucks. and he should not be denied for his qualification to the king. so quit calling names before it gets ugly. its just a discusion not a ring. push

Edited by push, 24 August 2009 - 07:57 AM.

#33 a race fan

a race fan

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 09:49 AM

I dont think Koz really cares about the king race or rookie of the year. He races to have fun because he enjoys doing it. So all the people making negative comments about him need to get over it. All of you that get on here and make these comments dont have a clue.

#34 Guest_push_*

Guest_push_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:48 AM

I dont think Koz really cares about the king race or rookie of the year. He races to have fun because he enjoys doing it. So all the people making negative comments about him need to get over it. All of you that get on here and make these comments dont have a clue.

Good point i now Jeff would like to be in it. But it wont be the end of the world for him. He has a good season overall at Limaland and other area tracks.

#35 master of all

master of all

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:04 AM

Good point i now Jeff would like to be in it. But it wont be the end of the world for him. He has a good season overall at Limaland and other area tracks.

I dont think its all directed towards koz, it was directed to push for thinking a 2 nd place should get u in the king. koz is doing a great job and is a very good driver. so keep up ur head koz, 1 more week to get in the king. and if u dont make it there is always next year. good job

Edited by master of all, 24 August 2009 - 11:10 AM.

IM BACK................

#36 Guest_push_*

Guest_push_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:33 AM

I dont think its all directed towards koz, it was directed to push for thinking a 2 nd place should get u in the king. koz is doing a great job and is a very good driver. so keep up ur head koz, 1 more week to get in the king. and if u dont make it there is always next year. good job

Sorry Master i dont see things through your eyes. I thought this was a message board for opnions. Its not right that limaland is not leaving either one of them in the kings race. As i stated berfore if the truck gets in make it fair for the stock car guys. If they dont let him in there is no reason not to let 2nd place in no matter who it was. By the way iam still not scared to state my views. If you want everbody to agree with you start your own message board and control whos on it.

Edited by push, 24 August 2009 - 11:34 AM.

#37 Attitudechick

Attitudechick

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:38 AM

Keep up the good work Koz you are awesome.

#38 master of all

master of all

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 487 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:18 PM

Im not saying im right, its called a opinion, just like urs.... I dont see why any 2nd place would get anyone in the king.. sorry. and the reason u cant see thru my eyes is because the glare from that shinny head of urs..lol jk im bald too.. I just see if the truck was legal that night it should be legal for the king.. even though i dont think its fair, but have u seen what the stocks race against at montpilier? they are pretty much a late model. where our stocks are basically modifieds with late model motors with street tires. Who knows who is right.. but, i know limaland screwed up by letting the trucks run with diff rules against the stocks. like the 305's against the 360's at lima (its not fair). now if a 305 can win at limaland they should also be invited to the king,but the 410's cant because they were at a 410 show not a 360 show at lima. there is no 410 king of the quarter mile. so rule that out definatly. sorry if i made anyone panties bunch up. its just a opinion from one guy who loves racing and also loves expressing his own opinion. ;) I dont agree much, its too much fun disagreeing :lol:
IM BACK................

#39 Guest_push_*

Guest_push_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2009 - 12:43 PM

Im not saying im right, its called a opinion, just like urs.... I dont see why any 2nd place would get anyone in the king.. sorry. and the reason u cant see thru my eyes is because the glare from that shinny head of urs..lol jk im bald too.. I just see if the truck was legal that night it should be legal for the king.. even though i dont think its fair, but have u seen what the stocks race against at montpilier? they are pretty much a late model. where our stocks are basically modifieds with late model motors with street tires. Who knows who is right.. but, i know limaland screwed up by letting the trucks run with diff rules against the stocks. like the 305's against the 360's at lima (its not fair). now if a 305 can win at limaland they should also be invited to the king,but the 410's cant because they were at a 410 show not a 360 show at lima. there is no 410 king of the quarter mile. so rule that out definatly. sorry if i made anyone panties bunch up. its just a opinion from one guy who loves racing and also loves expressing his own opinion. ;) I dont agree much, its too much fun disagreeing :lol:

lmao we had fun with this. I dont agree with what lima does alot.

#40 Dirtracer48

Dirtracer48

• Members
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 01:56 PM

I heard from a reliable source, that he was told he can run the kings, provided it is in a LMP legal stock car. That seams reasonable to me, but since when have facts had anything to do with internet arguments. I DO think if he were to run lima legal tires, weight, and carb....he should be allowed to run his truck as well.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users