65 replies to this topic

#61 race ace

race ace

race ace

• Members
  • 2,511 posts
  • Interests:dirt track racer

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:46 PM

I am sorry that i ever started this post because it has just became a big pissing match .for one thing chuck did not say it was going to open in august , if you go back through this thread it was me that heard there was a chance of opening in august , i would rather it open in may or june of next year than to have the place open half assed and take another black eye like it has had the last past few times it opened .now on to the modified question.... i love the modifieds when they ran there guys like faye lumadue , bobby roos , mitch and randy hubler , bill reitz and the luzier boys and marvin williams and bob garvey and mark frankhouser ... but those cars are gone ( except frankhouser ) and the last few times they tried to race them (when dick had the place ) nobody showed .they tried to run them at clinton county and nobody showed up so it would be foolish to think that these guys are going to run a class that has no cars BUT ... i would say that when they have a practice session it will be an open session and if you can get around 20 cars to show up and talk to jeff maybe he would change his mind now i do not know jeff, but he is a business man so go to him and sell your class and show him what it can do maybe he will consider at least running them a few times a month . good luck guys i would love to see a full class of modifieds running again . if i heard right bobby roos might still have one hiding somewhere .good luck to jeff and his crew keep up the good work we appreciate what you are doing for local racing. ;) oh by the way it would not be unheard of that d.e.p stopped anyone from even putting in a clothes line post without a permit . :lol:

race ace

#62 suhoney18

suhoney18

No Life

• Members
  • 3,248 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:49 PM

I am sorry that i ever started this post because it has just became a big pissing match .for one thing chuck did not say it was going to open in august , if you go back through this thread it was me that heard there was a chance of opening in august , i would rather it open in may or june of next year than to have the place open half assed and take another black eye like it has had the last past few times it opened .now on to the modified question.... i love the modifieds when they ran there guys like faye lumadue , bobby roos , mitch and randy hubler , bill reitz and the luzier boys and marvin williams and bob garvey and mark frankhouser ... but those cars are gone ( except frankhouser ) and the last few times they tried to race them (when dick had the place ) nobody showed .they tried to run them at clinton county and nobody showed up so it would be foolish to think that these guys are going to run a class that has no cars BUT ... i would say that when they have a practice session it will be an open session and if you can get around 20 cars to show up and talk to jeff maybe he would change his mind now i do not know jeff, but he is a business man so go to him and sell your class and show him what it can do maybe he will consider at least running them a few times a month . good luck guys i would love to see a full class of modifieds running again . if i heard right bobby roos might still have one hiding somewhere .good luck to jeff and his crew keep up the good work we appreciate what you are doing for local racing. ;) oh by the way it would not be unheard of that d.e.p stopped anyone from even putting in a clothes line post without a permit . :lol:

i still know of at least 4 in the area (not much i know, but they are out there) and also a ton of guys have said if you bring them back they would build them...

#63 ramey36

ramey36

Racer

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Interests:Oval track, Pro-Touring, drag racing, motorcycles, anything fast.

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:32 PM

I have a brand new dirt modified collecting dust. Can't justify building it to travel but would love to race it 30 minutes from my house.

Ramey Womer
womerracing.com
umipeformance.com

#64 7wbedford55

7wbedford55

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:hunting racing hockey

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:30 AM

8-19-12 is in 2 weeks just like to know if they will run. It's on the PASS schedule as possible race. Bedfords 410 race in on the 19th don't need a lot of time to go to it 5min. from home. America's raceway park is 3-31/2 hrs. one way. If Jeff is at Selinsgove 8/5-12 or Port Royal 8-11-12 will ask him. OK Chuck thanks for your help.

#65 CHEVY1A

CHEVY1A

Race Fan

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:16 PM

8-19-12 is in 2 weeks just like to know if they will run. It's on the PASS schedule as possible race. Bedfords 410 race in on the 19th don't need a lot of time to go to it 5min. from home. America's raceway park is 3-31/2 hrs. one way. If Jeff is at Selinsgove 8/5-12 or Port Royal 8-11-12 will ask him. OK Chuck thanks for your help.

3 and a half hours from Bedford to Clearfield? You must drive 30 miles per hour. When i lived in Clearfield I could make it to Bedford In an hour and twenty minutes in a crap 96 Sunfire with a 2.2.

#66 7wbedford55

7wbedford55

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:hunting racing hockey

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:04 PM

3 and a half hours from Bedford to Clearfield? You must drive 30 miles per hour. When i lived in Clearfield I could make it to Bedford In an hour and twenty minutes in a crap 96 Sunfire with a 2.2.

You go boy in your crap 96 Sunfire 2.2. FYI i'm in Bedford the raceshop is in Harrisonville. We went to Thunder Mt. to race Jeff+crew did a real good job with the time of race but it was 3:00 am when i got home. So when we are done on the 19th with the race ( if they race) you drive your Sunfire at 30mph. to Bedford. We have to stop at a carwash(2 cars) + get gas we may win that race it's all down hill just look at the map. Now up to Clearfield you will win that one. So Chuck jr. will they race on the 19th that's all i like to know ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users