• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#81 DegenerationX

DegenerationX

Race Fan

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:31 PM

Damn, of all nights to burn a few at the Dave Matthews concert, sorry I missed this! I'm one of a very small minority that is indifferent towards Kevin and Brian. Don't love or hate either driver, but their rivalry is the best the speedway has for the last 10 years. It would be a shame if Bolland isn't there anymore. Dave and Jeremiah are very competitive, but there's not a rivalry between them like there is between Kevin and Brian. Watching the video, I'm kind of indifferent. Not seeing the whole race maybe it loses some context, but it's not the worst take out I've ever seen (think John Flinner any number of times), heck it's not even the most blatant contact I've seen between these two, but like I said in one of the other replies, it was the last turn, last lap, he didn't lift or check up at all and he's got a rap sheet longer than Kyle Busch and Tyler Walker. And if this talk about being nailed on the two-way radio is true, I don't think you'll see the 777 at Lernerville for quite some time. Unless they pull the "Kevin's suspended, but the car's not" BS they pulled a couple years ago at the Stampede after his BRP suspension and put someone else in the car. It's just a shame the fans lose the biggest rivalry the track has going. And what happened with Chuck Sarver and Doug Eck? Not much talk about that here, but saw it mentioned on someone's facebook status.

#82 DegenerationX

DegenerationX

Race Fan

• Members
  • 682 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:34 PM

I wasn't there last night, but from the looks of that video, that wasn't a move to take somebody out. Kevin's take out moves are way, way more obvious than that. That was a racing incident.

Yes and no. He didn't turn hard right into him, but he didn't even remotely lift or tap the breaks either! he knew exactly what he was doing! For all of is evils, he has all the car control in the world, he chose not to lift or tap! He might not have won the race if he did that, but he would have earned a lot more respect from the fans and competitors and probably even the track officials for finishing second with dignity in another classic battle between longtime rivals than to do what he did.

Edited by DegenerationX, 14 July 2012 - 01:36 PM.

#83 D1RT

D1RT

• Members
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:44 PM

And what happened with Chuck Sarver and Doug Eck? Not much talk about that here, but saw it mentioned on someone's facebook status.

Seems fans at the Northern tracks have dubbed him with the name Doug Wreck if that sheds some light....

#84 Dirt_track_chaser

Dirt_track_chaser

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 01:47 PM

Kevin should change his number to 83. It isn't like he can do anything wrong...

Kevin held his line and the 83 cut down in front of him!

Did you watch the video in Braille?

#85 Blaz18

Blaz18

• Members
  • 856 posts
  • Interests:Dirt Late Models

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:33 PM

Actually, Sarver's wife was on Kevin's side. I heard it all.

No, the point she was trying to make was if they were DQing Bolland over rough driving, then Eck should be too for his slam on Chuck!! (that was the 3rd time Eck has pounded him the left front)

Edited by Blaz18, 14 July 2012 - 02:35 PM.

#86 232forever

232forever

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:56 PM

i dont know what crack house u fell out off but theres is no "im sorry to any fans on his facebook page.and shame,shame on gary if he doesnt do something about brians actions,dont want to hear it was the heat of the moment.if this was mercer brian would of been thrown out the back gate on his ass and fined.

#87 Round Robin

Round Robin

• Members
  • 7,101 posts
  • Interests:Racing, etc.

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:10 PM

BaconBits is right, when Kevin wants to take somebody out he doesn't even try to hide it, he just slams the guy. As for Herm, I don't know what was said, but Gary should have known better than to get in a pissing match with Herm's daughter, regardless of what she said. He should have gone right to Herm and brought it up with him. Throwing Herm out for what his daughter said seems like a pretty thin skinned reaction on the surface of it, and doesn't make Gary look real mature, and as for Herm's supposed threat, I 've known plenty of guys who would have given Gary a REAL reason to throw them out and not stopped at a threat.

#88 Round Robin

Round Robin

• Members
  • 7,101 posts
  • Interests:Racing, etc.

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:19 PM

232, Gary has been pissing off too many fans as it is, he's not going to be stupid enough to piss Brian's fans off by penalizing him for anything he did towards Bolland. As long as Brian behaves properly towards other drivers, I think it's pretty much open season on Bolland, at Lernerville or anywhere, given their history. Not that you'll see Bolland at Lernerville the rest of tnis year, because I think he shit in his nest pretty good this time.

#89 Dirt_track_chaser

Dirt_track_chaser

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:29 PM

i dont know what crack house u fell out off but theres is no "im sorry to any fans on his facebook page.and shame,shame on gary if he doesnt do something about brians actions,dont want to hear it was the heat of the moment.if this was mercer brian would of been thrown out the back gate on his ass and fined.

Delusional! It is on there. Also Bolland slammed Swartzlander last year at a BRP race on the last lap. Mercer gave Bolland the win anyway. What makes you think Mercer would have done anything to anyone at all? It is nice to see that any track is finally willing to grow a set and try to put a stop to this. It was only a few weeks or so ago that Bolland tried the 8 tires is better than 4 when, we'll call it passing, with Steve Fedor..

#90 Dirt_track_chaser

Dirt_track_chaser

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

232, Gary has been pissing off too many fans as it is, he's not going to be stupid enough to piss Brian's fans off by penalizing him for anything he did towards Bolland. As long as Brian behaves properly towards other drivers, I think it's pretty much open season on Bolland, at Lernerville or anywhere, given their history. Not that you'll see Bolland at Lernerville the rest of tnis year, because I think he shit in his nest pretty good this time.

Nice last sentence. :) LOL

#91 Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:14 PM

The perception of racing knowledge never ceases to amaze me here.

I wasn't there on Friday.
I saw the video.
I'm sure the 83 didn't have a magnet in his cellphone to pull the 777, in a straight line, uphill into the LR of the 83 as it "broke momentum" ( <_< whatever).
I don't even care for modifieds. I like fendered cars.

That was no racing deal, Mr. Magoo.
Good call, Gary.

BOLLAND is an ass he needs FINED and THOWN OUT FOR EVER we dont need racing like this! :P

#92 pushtostart

pushtostart

• Members
  • 862 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:46 PM

BOLLAND is an ass he needs FINED and THOWN OUT FOR EVER we dont need racing like this! :P

LOL I wasn't referring to you, as in "Magoo", I meant all the other blind people :lol: :lol:

Yeah, it's a shame to see great races ruined this way.
Ego becomes bigger than the talent...

#93 fastforward1

fastforward1

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:24 PM

No, the point she was trying to make was if they were DQing Bolland over rough driving, then Eck should be too for his slam on Chuck!! (that was the 3rd time Eck has pounded him the left front)

You are correct but.....Quote from Mrs. Sarver to Kevin...." This is bullcrap on you Kevin ".........meaning that ( not trying to speak for Mrs. Sarver just my take on what she said ) he was being treated unfairly, in her opinion, because nothing has been done to Eck for his actions which she perceived as much worse. So yes she was on Kevin's side, as I said.
Remember, I said that in response to a comment someone else made that said ...." Even Chuck Sarver's wife was yelling AT Bolland " ...At the time I didn't see fit to explain the whole scenario as this incident being discussed here didn't involve Sarver or Eck, I just tried to explain that she was NOT yelling AT Bolland. Sorry for any confusion.

" Looks like ONE MORE, for the good guys "..........Scott Hall

#94 fastforward1

fastforward1

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:37 PM

777 punted the 83, Plain and simple. Did you see all the 1 finger salutes for Bolland? Priceless. Hope the jerk is banned for life.

So the number of 1 finger salutes a person gets determines what is right or wrong? well then here's 1 for you ..!.,

" Looks like ONE MORE, for the good guys "..........Scott Hall

#95 sniper5l

sniper5l

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:03 PM

from the looks of it the shape the tracks in didnt help. i think it was a racing deal

#96 George Costanza

George Costanza

• Members
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:Sprint Cars

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:06 PM

Still trying to figure out how anyone can watch that video and not think Bolland was in the wrong, he just kept going straight up the track and made absolutely no attempt to miss Swartzlander at all. Is everyone forgetting about the half assed slider Kevin threw on the restart? The only reason we aren't talking about it is because Swartzlander used his brakes and didn't just send Bolland over the hill like I would have had I been in that position. Sure was fun watching Brian track him down from a straight away behind though. Still curious about the talks of the radio communications, guess maybe their appeal will take care of that as well? What a bunch of clowns...always have been. Not going to defend any of the top runners in the modifieds because at one time or another they have all gotten a little agressive, but if anyone fails to see the common denominator in 75% of the incidents in the division then I really don't know what to say that will help you. But the guy is way to good to drive the way he does, just absolutely no respect for anyone else. Would hate to see him gone for any period of time as I enjoy watching him, Swartzlander, Murdick and Shingledecker race each other. But honestly at this point he should be about thrown out of every western PA track for life.

#97 The Sheriff

The Sheriff

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:34 AM

Swartzlander should have been DQed for getting out of his car under caution .

#98 Flagirl69

Flagirl69

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:24 PM

If I was going for the checkered, I would've never lifted either! It's the last lap, fighting for the lead. Why the hell would've Kevin lifted?! Doesn't make sense, nobody in that situation would've lifted! It's racing.

#99 George Costanza

George Costanza

• Members
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:Sprint Cars

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:42 PM

If I was going for the checkered, I would've never lifted either! It's the last lap, fighting for the lead. Why the hell would've Kevin lifted?! Doesn't make sense, nobody in that situation would've lifted! It's racing.

So in your opinion, it is perfectly ok to drive straight up from the middle of the track to the cushion and never lift driving through someones left rear? Even though said car hit the brakes for your earlier in the race on a half assed slide job attempt?

Guess it really boils down to, you like crashing, not racing.

Edited by George Costanza, 15 July 2012 - 12:43 PM.

#100 Skull

Skull

• Members
  • 4,715 posts
  • Interests:I'm interesting

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:45 PM

I can confirm that Herman did get throwed out for a facebook post. Skull it was not even him that posted it. You can call Herm he will tell you about it 412-612-4653

I wasn't doubting the veracity of the story at all. All I was saying was that it was childish for Risch, Jr. to suspend someone for an Internet posting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users