• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#101 Skull

Skull

• Members
  • 4,715 posts
  • Interests:I'm interesting

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:07 PM

So in your opinion, it is perfectly ok to drive straight up from the middle of the track to the cushion and never lift driving through someones left rear? Even though said car hit the brakes for your earlier in the race on a half assed slide job attempt?

Guess it really boils down to, you like crashing, not racing.

Here's the thing George, if the roles had been reversed, she'd be screaming about how Swartzlander dumped Bolland, even though that would have been justified based on the number of times Bolland has jobbed Swartzlander and other drivers over the last ten years.

Anyone that says that "it was a racing deal" clearly doesn't know what the hell they're talking about. I'm assuming Bolland has brakes and they they were in working order. He got passed, he didn't like it so he didn't lift and/ or apply his brakes. He clearly has zero respect for his competitors. Then to have the balls to drive into victory lane and play the martyr is just sickening.

He thinks he's something special, but he's really just a gutless prick. He is fast, and that's it. He gets passed, he gets rattled and he uses his bumper. I don't know how Swartzlander has held his temper in check all these years. It's about time he got in his grille. I'll tell you this; if that had been Brian's younger brother Keith, there wouldn't be enough of that pencil neck geek to make a greasy spot.

I agree that the rivalry is good for the track, I encourage it. I was a kid in the 70's during the Blackie Watt/Ed Lynch Sr. battles, and it was the most fan galvanizing racing I've ever seen. The difference being, the two had respect for one another and both were great, tenacious drivers. But, at some point, the rough driving and other bullshit from Bolland needs to be addressed.

As far as the Eck/Sarver thing, I was told Chuckie's boy walloped Eck. He no doubt deserved it, he was body slamming everyone he passed last Friday. I just hope Chuck doesn't get two weeks off for it, and frankly, I don't know why he wasn't sent to the pits for his actions. He has a history of being a granite head like Flinner and Bolland.

Edited by Skull, 15 July 2012 - 01:13 PM.

#102 Skull

Skull

• Members
  • 4,715 posts
  • Interests:I'm interesting

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:09 PM

That's right next time I need to know something I will be sure to ask you since you have been going to races since 1930 and are the resident expert on Lernerville and all things track prep.

Don't ask me anything you little turd. I'm selective about the company I keep.

#103 Brian44m

Brian44m

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:09 PM

You people are so full of crap. Swartzslammer got beat. BOlland beat him. WRG didnt like it. Thats all that happened here. If swartzlander hadnt made a mistake in turn 4 on that final lap we wouldnt be talking about this. He should have been long gone before bolland got there. He wasnt. How is bolland supposed to know swartzlander is going to jump out of the gas. You all see what you want to see, not what really happened. Swartzlander made a mistake. Deal with it slammer lovers

#104 George Costanza

George Costanza

• Members
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:Sprint Cars

Posted 15 July 2012 - 02:55 PM

You people are so full of crap. Swartzslammer got beat. BOlland beat him. WRG didnt like it. Thats all that happened here. If swartzlander hadnt made a mistake in turn 4 on that final lap we wouldnt be talking about this. He should have been long gone before bolland got there. He wasnt. How is bolland supposed to know swartzlander is going to jump out of the gas. You all see what you want to see, not what really happened. Swartzlander made a mistake. Deal with it slammer lovers

Jump out of the gas???? Are you serious? I was standing right there, Swartzlander was anything but off the gas...he slid Bolland, as Kevin should know he can either crash the other car or cross him over. He continues up the track to the cushion, where Swartzlander already was...how could there have possibly been any other result? Besides that, if Bolland didn't know Swartzlanders momentum would be broken after completing the slide job then he probably shouldn't be in a race car to begin with.

Bolland didn't beat him, he threw a horrible slider on the restart, Brian broke for him so both cars didn't crash then. Brian tracked him back down passed him clean and got turned...how is that Bolland beating him again?

If Bolland didn't know Swartzlander was jumping out of the gas, maybe someone on the crew should have told him via radio......

Another thought, if Bolland doesn't try to squeeze Brian down on entry of 3...he very easily crosses him over and wins the race. These are the things this clown continues to do. He is fast enough to win races the right way, just decides not to.

#105 warrior97

warrior97

• Members
  • 1,348 posts
  • Interests:racing

Posted 15 July 2012 - 03:34 PM

[quote name='Flagirl69' date='Jul 15 2012, 01:24 PM' post='342346']
If I was going for the checkered, I would've never lifted either! It's the last lap, fighting for the lead. Why the hell would've Kevin lifted?! Doesn't make sense, nobody in that situation would've lifted! It's racing.
[/qu
Oh ya that's the thing to do, If you can't pass a person spin him out, Great way to make a name for yourself dip shit

fear is not an option

#106 michael myers

michael myers

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:03 PM

Brian, this would not have happend if 777 TURNED AND HELD HIS LINE. He came up the track to hit him. You race, and you know better.

#107 2Cool4You

2Cool4You

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:22 PM

Jump out of the gas???? Are you serious? I was standing right there, Swartzlander was anything but off the gas...

As you can see from the video Brian was indeed out of the gas and did not get back into the throttle untill :04 second mark, you can tell by looking at his LR tire, notice when the shock loads back up (as a result of increasing throttle)

As for Kevin, he drove it hard through the center of the corner and I honestly do not think his initial thought was to dump Brian. Kevin did jump on the brakes right at the moment (when Brian did break momentum) of the two cars making contact (notice Bolland's LR unload as he spikes the brakes)

This is coming from a drivers P.O.V that is completely unbiased.

Was there contact? obliviously.

Was it intentional? Most likely yes, although some points from video could try and make an argument otherwise.

#108 George Costanza

George Costanza

• Members
  • 1,858 posts
  • Interests:Sprint Cars

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:27 PM

As you can see from the video Brian was indeed out of the gas and did not get back into the throttle untill :04 second mark, you can tell by looking at his LR tire, notice when the shock loads back up (as a result of increasing throttle)

As for Kevin, he drove it hard through the center of the corner and I honestly do not think his initial thought was to dump Brian. Kevin did jump on the brakes right at the moment (when Brian did break momentum) of the two cars making contact (notice Bolland's LR unload as he spikes the brakes)

Was it intentional? Most likely yes, although some points from video could try and make an argument otherwise.

Wasn't really saying the contact was completely intentional, just that it could have been avoided. Really think it is mostly a case of Bollands history coming into play.

Edited by George Costanza, 15 July 2012 - 10:29 PM.

#109 scotty

scotty

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:32 PM

In addition to your comments, it very well could have been that the 777 was also moving out from his low entry due to the lap cars that were on the low side and Kevin decided to run his line by sliding up to the cushion to get away from the 00 and 96b. You have to admit that the lap cars were a factor coming to the checkered flag. There is a lot going on as they enter turn 3...

#110 2Cool4You

2Cool4You

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:46 PM

In addition to your comments, it very well could have been that the 777 was also moving out from his low entry due to the lap cars that were on the low side and Kevin decided to run his line by sliding up to the cushion to get away from the 00 and 96b. You have to admit that the lap cars were a factor coming to the checkered flag. There is a lot going on as they enter turn 3...

This is too a good possibility.

#111 Rusty_Nuts

Rusty_Nuts

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:17 PM

from the looks of it the shape the tracks in didnt help. i think it was a racing deal

dont bring the track prep into this. i believe it has been better over the past 2 weeks. lets hope it stays the same.

I will go to my death bed still believing bolland is an ass and intentionally took out brian. by the way, im niether an #83 fan nor a #777 fan. My opinion is not biased. But the video shows that kevin hit the #83 in the LR. If #777 is so good anyway, why couldnt he try a crossover move coming down to the checkerd. Because he knew wiping Brian out wouldve been quicker and easier.

Either way, 777 doesnt win because of his illegal radios...

#112 dirt track speed racer

dirt track speed racer

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:08 PM

evidently all you bolland ball lickers are drinkin the same coolaide as he does! take off your blinders! he lucked fedor a few weeks ago! he was warned that night about rough driving then he pulls this stupid move. the damn vidio show clear as day when the 83 came off the top of 4for the flag bollands front wheels were pointin straight ahead! he is a dirty drivin prick and got what he had coming! he has no respect for any of the other mod guys and if you took a poll among all the other mod guys i would bet they all would say good riddens the the ass whole!

Edited by dirt track speed racer, 16 July 2012 - 09:17 PM.

#113 dirt track speed racer

dirt track speed racer

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:15 PM

evidently all you bolland ball lickers are drinkin the same coolaide as he does! take off your blinders! he lucked fedor a few weeks ago! he was warned that night about rough driving then he pulls this stupid move. the damn vidio show clear as day when the 83 came off the top of 4for the flag bollands front wheels were pointin straight ahead! he is a dirty drivin prick and got what he had coming! he has no respect for any of the other mod guys and if you took a poll among all the other mod guys i would bet they all would say good riddens the the ass whole!

Edited by dirt track speed racer, 16 July 2012 - 09:16 PM.

#114 Guest_shaf34_*

Guest_shaf34_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:05 AM

I agree that the rivalry is good for the track, I encourage it. I was a kid in the 70's during the Blackie Watt/Ed Lynch Sr. battles, and it was the most fan galvanizing racing I've ever seen. The difference being, the two had respect for one another and both were great, tenacious drivers. But, at some point, the rough driving and other bullshit from Bolland needs to be addressed.

Back in the early 70's, Blackie was known to use the "chrome horn" quite a bit. He came to Tri-City one night and won, but not without hitting every car that he passed along the way. One particular year at Mercer's Twin Fifties, Blackie took us out of a heat race. Jack(West) approached him afterward and told him "If you make me lose my money in the feature, I'll make sure you lose yours."(side note-we finished third, Blackie one lap down). As Dale Feil told me one time, "I'll bump a guy twice, then move him out of the way if I have to." These things have gone on since the beginning, but back then it got settled by those involved and didn't continue week after week. Once it was settled, it was forgotten. Most times the drivers could be seen the next week talking and laughing with one another.

Racing incident? Wouldn't anything that occurs on the track be a "racing incident"? Given the two drivers involved(and I have no connections to either of them), it creates a significant amount of banter away from the track. Like it or not, this creates interest and people will come out just to see what happens next. Had it been between two other drivers, probably just a side note somewhere.

Granted, this type of feud can get quite expensive, but it does generate publicity. Might be cheaper to give them all boxing gloves and take turns beating on one another!

#115 dirtstudent2

dirtstudent2

• Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:35 AM

Edited by dirtstudent2, 17 July 2012 - 11:34 PM.

#116 Black#5

Black#5

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:39 AM

what the heck is wrong with the track? white car is in the middle of the track, red car is on the bottom, why the heck are they sliding up the track like that? i cant blame either driver for reckless driving. its the track everyone. looks slicker than snott. bet alot of drivers had trouble holding their line in that race ;)

Edited by Black#5, 17 July 2012 - 08:58 AM.

#117 Iron Horse Motors

Iron Horse Motors

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:25 AM

LOL... i dont post on here much and yes I have driven race cars for 12 years and no I have not a single alliance with either of these guys but I must say.. The 777 driver better hope his case or ultimatley his fate does not hinge on the this video that should be labeled Modified "mud bus" take out 101... LOL. when a driver leaves his line mid corner while still in the throttle to make contact with the left rear corner of another car that my friends is a take out. Plain and simple.. Hell this would be a good video for cops to learn the commonly used take out or pit move I believe they call it!! I didnt/wont read all of these posts but I did see one that said it looked like the 777 hit a rut that caused contact.. BS, you can see his front wheels turn right in the middle of the corner leaving his commitment to the low line and if he did hook a rut theres a pedal generally located on the left side of the floor area that will stop or slow the car down very quickly to avoid contact.. commonly refered to as a brake.. Often you dont even have to let off the throttle to use it to slow the car down enough to maintain your line as opposed to launching it into the left rear of another car.. Kudos to the 777 you couldnt buy a better scenario for a take out and he executed it to perfection, its not as easy to take someone out as you may think, the stars must all be in line like they were here.. I realize alliance runs strong among fans but stevie wonder can see the intention here folks... I have no clue what happened leading up to or following this incident but this video speaks for itself.

Edited by Iron Horse Motors, 18 July 2012 - 11:29 AM.

#118 Flagirl69

Flagirl69

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:52 PM

Take off your blinders as you watch Feder drive into Bolland.

http://youtu.be/8opm1t25EKE?hd=1 - from facebook.com/kevinbolland

You never hear/see anything on here about Bolland at Sharon and he races there weekly. Risch just has it out for Bolland... He couldn't beat him on the track when he raced, so he had to seek alternative ways which is ruining the sport.

#119 scruffy1a

scruffy1a

Racestud Sophistocate

• Members
  • 5,032 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:08 PM

I wasn't doubting the veracity of the story at all. All I was saying was that it was childish for Risch, Jr. to suspend someone for an Internet posting.

DX seems to have the full story. If what he says is correct, the suspension was not for the online comment(s), but rather for the threats made. Will Lisa volunteer to confirm this one?

If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just suck.

#120 scruffy1a

scruffy1a

Racestud Sophistocate

• Members
  • 5,032 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:14 PM

Take off your blinders as you watch Feder drive into Bolland.

http://youtu.be/8opm1t25EKE?hd=1 - from facebook.com/kevinbolland

You never hear/see anything on here about Bolland at Sharon and he races there weekly. Risch just has it out for Bolland... He couldn't beat him on the track when he raced, so he had to seek alternative ways which is ruining the sport.

You've got to be kidding me. The video absolutely does not jibe with the comments:
In the feature at Lernerville Speedway on 06.22.12, Kevin was going for the lead and was penalized once again for "rough driving" although Kevin cleared the 45 of Steve Feder and held his line. Feder hit some bite and ended up lunging forward into the RR of Bolland creating contact up the front straightaway. The decision was made based on what they saw, not on what happened; Bolland was penalized from 2nd to 6th at the following caution. This on-board video illustrates what took place. Another poor judgement call.

Where is the evidence that 777 was clear of 45? You don't see the 45's nose until after he was slapped a couple times by the 777 and jacked completely out of shape. How the 777 folks can consider this video evidence contrary to the call is beyond me. One would think they'd delete that video, as it does nothing to contribute to the angelic image they're trying to create.

Any onboard footage of last week's "racing incident"?

If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just suck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users