• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#41 The Legend

The Legend

No Life

• Members
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:24 PM

the outlaws have certain restrictions and prohibited to race at non WoO sanctioned events because they would lose points. so it is doubtful you would see any of the top 10 in points.

Exactly the reason I hope the people who run the WOO choke on a bag of Dix

#42 mcmillen61m

mcmillen61m

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 05:51 PM

I guess we will see Feb 19

#43 Rick Rarer

Rick Rarer

• Super Moderators
  • 2,205 posts
  • Interests:Racing

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:01 PM

Copied this from another source:

Cool to see this.
Tri-City Speedway PA)Tri-City Speedway in Franklin, PA will have a new owner. It is a high-banked, big 1/2 mile track with first class facilities that has seen a rough decade. In 2014 the track will operate for 5 nights of special racing, the "Sizzlin' Summer Series" of events that would include a Sunday night date in May, June, July, August, and September. The Sizzlin' Summer Series would function as an independent series that would not only pay the area's best purse on each of the five nights, but would also accumulate a point fund for the division champs and would crown a "King of the Summer" for the top point-earner overall. A Sizzlin' Summer Series event would include overnight camping before and after the event, fireworks, side stage concerts, a flea market, and these divisions: 410 Sprints, BRP Big Block Modifieds, FASTRAK Late Models, and an open stock car division. The Sizzlin' Summer Series purse for the 410's looks like this: 1 - $10,000 2 - $3,500 3- $2,500 4 - $1,000 5 - $900 6 - $800 7 - $700 8 - $600 9 - $500 10 - $400 11 through 20 - $300 21 through 30 - $225 30+ - $200

They starting 30 cars in the Sprint Feature? or 30+? lol

"Don't take life so seriously, It's not permanent!"

#44 spike

spike

Race Fan

• Members
  • 776 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:58 PM

Copied this from another source:

Cool to see this.
Tri-City Speedway PA)Tri-City Speedway in Franklin, PA will have a new owner. It is a high-banked, big 1/2 mile track with first class facilities that has seen a rough decade. In 2014 the track will operate for 5 nights of special racing, the "Sizzlin' Summer Series" of events that would include a Sunday night date in May, June, July, August, and September. The Sizzlin' Summer Series would function as an independent series that would not only pay the area's best purse on each of the five nights, but would also accumulate a point fund for the division champs and would crown a "King of the Summer" for the top point-earner overall. A Sizzlin' Summer Series event would include overnight camping before and after the event, fireworks, side stage concerts, a flea market, and these divisions: 410 Sprints, BRP Big Block Modifieds, FASTRAK Late Models, and an open stock car division. The Sizzlin' Summer Series purse for the 410's looks like this: 1 - $10,000 2 - $3,500 3- $2,500 4 - $1,000 5 - $900 6 - $800 7 - $700 8 - $600 9 - $500 10 - $400 11 through 20 - $300 21 through 30 - $225 30+ - $200

$10,000 to win. Should be quite a 100 lapper. Just like the old days, the Northern 100.

Edited by spike, 28 December 2013 - 12:38 AM.

#45 3799

• Members
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 12:30 AM

The sale of the track would definitely be a good thing, but this deal gets a little sketchier every day. There is no private sale as it looked like early on. Now we find out the property will be sold at sheriff sale on Feb 19th. So nothing is cast in stone. What if a Marcellus Driller gets wind of the sale? This property would make a great headquarters for them me the price is very attractive for such a venture.

#46 sprintfrank

sprintfrank

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:07 AM

not sure on all details but pretty sure there has been a sale or papers drawn up for sale i do know the guy involved with the sale i think what you are seeing as far as sheriff sale it is that tri city ownes have not payed cricks for there share i know the guy has meet with all partys

#47 3799

• Members
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:34 PM

not sure on all details but pretty sure there has been a sale or papers drawn up for sale i do know the guy involved with the sale i think what you are seeing as far as sheriff sale it is that tri city ownes have not payed cricks for there share i know the guy has meet with all partys

Right the sale is to recover money for Roger Crick. To recover his money the track is what is being sold at the sheriff sale. Maybe Thomas is confident he will outbid all comers and pay whatever it takes at the Sheriff Sale. The timing of all the events doesn't make much sense. All Incan figure is a lot of properties do get sold before the sheriff sale.

Edited by 3799, 29 December 2013 - 05:36 PM.

#48 Jimmy Henry

Jimmy Henry

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 05:53 PM

The way I understand it, it is pretty much a done deal. FASTRAK is very excited about working with the new owner and I believe crate late model racers will be excited to hear about events (as well as purses!) he will be offering. Billed as the "Sizzlin' Summer Series", dirt race fans are in for a treat! More details to follow...:) Jimmy Henry FASTRAK NE Tour

#49 Stock Stroker

Stock Stroker

• Members
  • 549 posts
  • Interests:God, family, racing

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:00 PM

The way I understand it, it is pretty much a done deal.

FASTRAK is very excited about working with the new owner and I believe crate late model racers will be excited to hear about events (as well as purses!) he will be offering.

Billed as the "Sizzlin' Summer Series", dirt race fans are in for a treat! More details to follow...:)

Jimmy Henry
FASTRAK NE Tour

So! Who is the new owner?

JMo

#50 Dirt54

Dirt54

• Members
  • 2,948 posts
  • Interests:racing

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:38 PM

JMo

I was at a Christmas party the other day, and Tony Stewarts Bro. was there and he told me Tony was buying it.

www.ducts-unlimited.com

#51 spike

spike

Race Fan

• Members
  • 776 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:29 PM

I was at a Christmas party the other day, and Tony Stewarts Bro. was there and he told me Tony was buying it.

Story has it going back to the smaller size of the early 60's. B)

#52 mcmillen61m

mcmillen61m

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:55 PM

Yeah its all storys

#53 spike

spike

Race Fan

• Members
  • 776 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:33 PM

Yeah its all storys

Story's stories :rolleyes:

#54 sprintfrank

sprintfrank

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:02 PM

Is looking for a female model, age 18-35, who would be interested in a 1-year contract for promo events in the Venango County area on behalf of the Thomas Organization LLC (thomasorganization.com). Please contact me for specific details including contract value, requirements, and scope of work. Feel free to share to someone who fits the bill. mike@thomasorganization.com or private message welcomed.

#55 MeXican_BOB

MeXican_BOB

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 297 posts
  • Interests:Racing

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:31 PM

Is looking for a female model, age 18-35, who would be interested in a 1-year contract for promo events in the Venango County area on behalf of the Thomas Organization LLC (thomasorganization.com). Please contact me for specific details including contract value, requirements, and scope of work. Feel free to share to someone who fits the bill. mike@thomasorganization.com or private message welcomed.

The pa piss pigs are available, please contact them via racestud.

#56 mcmillen61m

mcmillen61m

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:34 PM

I did see a new lock on the gate today when i drove by

#57 Stock Stroker

Stock Stroker

• Members
  • 549 posts
  • Interests:God, family, racing

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:52 AM

I was in the Franklin office yesterday and had some time to kill. So i ran over to the sheriff's office. They told me there was a lot of people asking for information on the sale. The strange thing though, was that they told me the sale on the 19th was realestate only, no equipment. there would be a separate sale of the equipment on a different day. They were not sure of the day though. Now I am really confused!! What do you think now Joe? Give me a call over the weekend. JMO

#58 Jimmy Henry

Jimmy Henry

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:06 PM

JMo

Sorry, I'm not at liberty to release that information but as soon as it is certain, there will be a press release.

I can't wait to tell you what's in store for racers and fans---particularly FASTRAK teams. :)

#59 2rfan

2rfan

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:39 PM

[quote name='Stock Stroker' date='Dec 31 2013, 01:00 PM' post='383416']

Sprint frank is trying to tell you.

#60 Walt Wimer

Walt Wimer

• Members
  • 3,390 posts
  • Interests:Auto racing...Beer & gas/oil collectibles

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:00 AM

Not certain because the Sheriff's sale isn't until Feb. 19!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users