• Interests:Racing every Sat night April thru September
    Pittsburgh's Pennsylvania Motor Speedway
    PPMS, Dirt's Monster Half Mile, Racing every Sat Apr-Sept
    Home of the LOLMS Pittsburgher 100 & ASCOC Steel City Sprint Monster
    412-279-RACE www.ppms.com ppms@ppms.com

https://www.facebook.com/PittsburghsPennsylvaniaMotorSpeedway
    TWITTER @PAMotorSpeedway

Posted 29 July 2017 - 12:00 PM

Let's see, Josh Richards loves the place, Bloomer loves the place, now Tony Stewart. Bottom line if you want to see some of the best short track racing in the country we have it right at Pittsburgh's Pennsylvania Motor Speedway.
For those who don't believe how great the racing and surface is at PPMS, read what Tony Stewart had to say...
Man, this is a fun race track; so wide and so racey, Tony Stewart said in victory lane, pilot of the Rush Truck Centers/Ford Performance/Arctic Cat/No. 14. To be rim-riding like that, a foot off the wall, is pretty intense around here.

RUSH Dirt Late Model Series TWIN 20s tonight, The RUSH Racing Series has been nothing short of spectacular.

#2 THE Fan

THE Fan

• Members
  • 1,373 posts
  • Interests:dirt track racing and debating mindless /liberals/ demoRATS/

Posted 29 July 2017 - 08:03 PM

y..................a..........................w...............................n

#3 raceover5

raceover5

• Members
  • 422 posts
  • Interests:Racing and my kids

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:23 PM

Blahhhh.

#4 blue by you

blue by you

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:46 AM

Let's see, Josh Richards loves the place, Bloomer loves the place, now Tony Stewart. Bottom line if you want to see some of the best short track racing in the country we have it right at Pittsburgh's Pennsylvania Motor Speedway.
For those who don't believe how great the racing and surface is at PPMS, read what Tony Stewart had to say...
Man, this is a fun race track; so wide and so racey, Tony Stewart said in victory lane, pilot of the Rush Truck Centers/Ford Performance/Arctic Cat/No. 14. To be rim-riding like that, a foot off the wall, is pretty intense around here.

RUSH Dirt Late Model Series TWIN 20s tonight, The RUSH Racing Series has been nothing short of spectacular.

have to agree with that. the racing surface is second to none. an track prep is spot on.

#5 dirtstudent2

dirtstudent2

• Members
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:37 AM

The track for the Allstar race was as good as it gets.  Miley Motor Sports should get nothing except adda boys for the show from fans and racers.  

Bitch all you like and make suggestions about what you think needs done to make it look nicer(or safer), there ain't a bad view in the house.  My complaints about racing are always about things which I see make it tougher for racers to be able to race and 99% of the time about jacking up the minimum cost for racers to get on the track by promoters.  

Absolutely no complaint zip none about the track or service I saw given to racers for that show from Miley Motor Sports.  

Never thought I'd say this but if the extra $5 bucks to get into the pits was spent on the racing surface, I'd pay it again to see a track that good and racers taken care of as well as they were at that race.  

THE Fan and Raceover5 were either of you there?

Edited by dirtstudent2, 30 July 2017 - 08:40 AM.

#6 jo73

jo73

No Life

• Members
  • 2,184 posts
  • Interests:Life, Dirt racing, H-D, Golf, Corvettes, Street Rods.

Posted 30 July 2017 - 09:33 AM

Well after coming back up north mother nature sure wrecked my plans this weekend. Lernerville washout, same w/Marion center. Just my luck I guess, I was going to hit mercer but I thought what the hell ppms here I come. WOW, was I surprised. Great track, even though the rain that came down most of Friday evening, bump low in the middle of 3 and 4, but other than that track was good. Heat races were trains, but that's just everywhere today. 4 cylinders are taking over, promotors just need to dump some classes and bring in 4's. Maybe guys get there feet wet and will move up. I no I'm going to get blasted, those crate LM hit the surface and after they take the green flag it's hold your foot to the floor until the race is over. Was it a good race, YES, but I just can't do it. The money cars went to the front and the rest were just in the way. I think it cost Justin the win in the first race. This is a observation. Why in the hell can't promotors get together on rules ? Lernerville and many other tracks rain out and no sportsman racers show up. PPMS rules do not run crates and the back of the cars are open. Today cars because of rules are so dam track specific guys won't go elsewhere. Who was in the 15 SLM that was getting seat time ? Boy did his hotlapping start out bad. Only one comment I am going to make, PPMS, please get your green,yellow,red track lights working. The guy in the sportsman car going around the track at full throttle while everyone had seen the yellow could have lead to a really bad situation.

#7 BaconBits

BaconBits

Light heavyweight champion of my house

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  • Interests:Medium pimping.

Posted 30 July 2017 - 09:43 AM

The stock cars didn't show up at PPMS because they were at Sharon for the two Penn Ohio races.

Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

#8 jo73

jo73

No Life

• Members
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 12:30 PM

Good reason bacon. I forgot all about that, since retirement I don't put a hole lot of thought into to much anymore. lol. People keep telling me that's the enjoyment of retirement.

#9 old man d

old man d

Race Fan

• Members
  • 628 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 01:35 PM

BaconBits, where did you get the information the stocks didn"t show up at PPMS. Their twitter gave the feature run down Todd Waldon was the winner, most of the regulars where their.

#10 Hot Dog

Hot Dog

• Members
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 01:43 PM

Literally the post before his said the sportsman don't show up

#11 jo73

jo73

No Life

• Members
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 02:16 PM

I only thought you may have seen some of the lernerville guys show up at ppms. I made the comment of how guys, because of rules, don't really move around to other tracks if they get rained out in there night. Lernerville rules, other than the crate motor, is the rear body work must be closed in. PPMS body work rules differ and there may be others. You would think with today's car number counts you would want to be the same that way if you get rained out you have a option of running another night.

#12 old man d

old man d

Race Fan

• Members
  • 628 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 02:17 PM

My mistake reread it and got it.

#13 flash49

flash49

No Life

• Members
  • 6,314 posts
  • Interests:auto racing of course

Posted 30 July 2017 - 02:22 PM

Well after coming back up north mother nature sure wrecked my plans this weekend. Lernerville washout, same w/Marion center. Just my luck I guess, I was going to hit mercer but I thought what the hell ppms here I come. WOW, was I surprised. Great track, even though the rain that came down most of Friday evening, bump low in the middle of 3 and 4, but other than that track was good. Heat races were trains, but that's just everywhere today. 4 cylinders are taking over, promotors just need to dump some classes and bring in 4's. Maybe guys get there feet wet and will move up. I no I'm going to get blasted, those crate LM hit the surface and after they take the green flag it's hold your foot to the floor until the race is over. Was it a good race, YES, but I just can't do it. The money cars went to the front and the rest were just in the way. I think it cost Justin the win in the first race. This is a observation. Why in the hell can't promotors get together on rules ? Lernerville and many other tracks rain out and no sportsman racers show up. PPMS rules do not run crates and the back of the cars are open. Today cars because of rules are so dam track specific guys won't go elsewhere. Who was in the 15 SLM that was getting seat time ? Boy did his hotlapping start out bad. Only one comment I am going to make, PPMS, please get your green,yellow,red track lights working. The guy in the sportsman car going around the track at full throttle while everyone had seen the yellow could have lead to a really bad situation.

I don't want the Crate Late Models to supplant the Super Late Models, but they do put on one hell of a show, especially at PPMS, and also at Lernerville. I'm sure they do well at other tracks too, but I haven't seem them elsewhere in the area.  

#14 BaconBits

BaconBits

Light heavyweight champion of my house

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  • Interests:Medium pimping.

Posted 30 July 2017 - 02:29 PM

BaconBits, where did you get the information the stocks didn"t show up at PPMS. Their twitter gave the feature run down Todd Waldon was the winner, most of the regulars where their.

I was replying to the dude that wondered why the stock cars from Friday night tracks and other Saturday tracks that rained out weren't at PPMS. I was giving a reason why there weren't that many stocks there.

Edited by BaconBits, 30 July 2017 - 02:30 PM.

Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

#15 blue by you

blue by you

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 02:54 PM

I only thought you may have seen some of the lernerville guys show up at ppms. I made the comment of how guys, because of rules, don't really move around to other tracks if they get rained out in there night. Lernerville rules, other than the crate motor, is the rear body work must be closed in. PPMS body work rules differ and there may be others. You would think with today's car number counts you would want to be the same that way if you get rained out you have a option of running another night.

ppms stocks run under penn/ohio rules.

#16 racer67x

racer67x

• Members
  • 2,446 posts
  • Interests:duh?

Posted 30 July 2017 - 04:06 PM

gotta say..someone is gonna get seriously hurt or worse running that place with no caution lights.

#17 FanJim24

FanJim24

Race Fan

• Members
  • 855 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 04:21 PM

gotta say..someone is gonna get seriously hurt or worse running that place with no caution lights.

Raceivers help, but the reason I quit going to PPMS was that safety didn't seem to be any level of concern there. 

My dad drove late models in the early 70's at North Hills, Butler, Mercer, Blanket Hill, and occasionally Tri City. We won the last late model track championship at Blanket Hill. 

#18 BUTTBEAK

BUTTBEAK

RAPIDIUSRIDICULOSIS's

• Members
  • 1,554 posts
  • Interests:Painting Landscapes

Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:49 PM

Heard the track was bitey but rough, ultimately lots of damage. A crate car went out of the park! Glad he is ok. A  ~20 gallon racing fuel spill into the ground, 35+ years of that  kind of stuff is what makes the sale of the land a hard sell. Might of been a new track record with good superlates on that track.

Edited by BUTTBEAK, 30 July 2017 - 05:51 PM.

#19 raceover5

raceover5

• Members
  • 422 posts
  • Interests:Racing and my kids

Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:09 PM

From the video I watched that track was not rough. You go to other tracks when you have 2 foot deep ruts all over the place that is rough. A few piles of clay here and there does not make a track rough.

#20 jms22

jms22

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 09:43 PM

The track was rough, and you have to keep in mind at "other tracks" you aren't going as fast as you are at PPMS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users