65 replies to this topic

#1 race ace

race ace

race ace

• Members
  • 2,511 posts
  • Interests:dirt track racer

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:16 PM

I have heard a rumor that the former gamblers /hidden valley now known as america's raceway park is looking to be open by the middle of may and that the new bleachers are on the way and the (new) clay has been sent away and tested and was found to be good and that the track is looking to have a few test nights before opening. I have not been up but the last time i was there was a lot of work to do but i guess with the good weather maybe things are going more smoothly . has anyone else heard anything? they were supossed to be adding 2 foot of clay possibly as soon as this past saturday. good luck guys we are pulling for you!

race ace

#2 BFP92

BFP92

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:34 PM

Has anyone heard what divisions they will be running?

#3 suhoney18

suhoney18

No Life

• Members
  • 3,249 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:03 AM

I have heard a rumor that the former gamblers /hidden valley now known as america's raceway park is looking to be open by the middle of may and that the new bleachers are on the way and the (new) clay has been sent away and tested and was found to be good and that the track is looking to have a few test nights before opening. I have not been up but the last time i was there was a lot of work to do but i guess with the good weather maybe things are going more smoothly . has anyone else heard anything? they were supossed to be adding 2 foot of clay possibly as soon as this past saturday. good luck guys we are pulling for you!

was just up there this weekend, (sat morning)...no new clay and i didn't even see trucks or anything around...but they have done a lot of work though as they have cleared out the pits and the top road where people park and watch...still a crap ton of work though and as bad as i wanna see the place run again i really see may pushing it...

*from saturday*
Attached File  534441_308773835854974_100001670811561_769251_227012597_n.jpg   123.13KB   803 downloads

Edited by suhoney18, 26 March 2012 - 01:03 AM.

#4 team97racing

team97racing

Race Fan

• Members
  • 672 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:40 AM

Pure stocks Street stocks Steel block lates OR aluminum block lates 4 cylinders (assuming fwd) Sprints from time to time No modifieds

#5 race ace

race ace

race ace

• Members
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:24 PM

I agree that there is a ton of work to do probably more like two ton and the clay was not supossed to be delivered until late on saturday i was just wondering who had heard anything . if the weather holds out a crew of guys could really get some work done .i know the bleachers are supossed to be on their way and it needs new fencing put up also . i did hear someone saw the lights on back in november so they must still work .like i said good luck fellows !

race ace

#6 Dingo

Dingo

Race Fan

• Members
  • 942 posts
  • Interests:Vintage Modifieds.

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:08 PM

I agree that there is a ton of work to do probably more like two ton and the clay was not supossed to be delivered until late on saturday i was just wondering who had heard anything . if the weather holds out a crew of guys could really get some work done .i know the bleachers are supossed to be on their way and it needs new fencing put up also . i did hear someone saw the lights on back in november so they must still work .like i said good luck fellows !

When I was up talking to Jeff in November, the Electric Co was in the process of hooking up power. I believe thats all good to go.

I too believe May will be pushing it, but you never know..... these guys are motivated.

Dingo

Pennsylvania Vintage Dirt Modifieds, follow us on Facebook.
Website - http://pavdma.wix.co...tage-modifieds#

#7 Chuck Stevens

Chuck Stevens

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:32 PM

Well I can help with some info.First to the guy that said he was up there Saturday and said he did not see anything you must of been at the other track.There was nine guys there Friday,Saturday and Sunday.I saw Jeff on a John Deere back hoe digging out the pond,two guys were taking out a bunch of nasty guard rail,three people were ripping out all the busted toilets and plumbing,two guys with pick axes and shovels digging a trench for some reason.I see they tore down a bunch of pylwood in turn two.Saturday night they were working on the lights and Sunday more painting in the concession stand and more plumbing work.I ask them what I could do to help and he ask me for some coffoe and I was glad to go.When I got back he gave me the money for the donuts and coffoe.He said they rented a house in town and have enough beds to sleep nine people.In our conversation about racing he told me they were going to try and get the track and lights up and working to have practice nights on Wednesday starting at the end of May.Jeff did buy some bleachers in Martinsville,Va. but has to go to the track disassemble, load them and truck them back to Clearfield.I see they have bought two water trucks a motot grader,Farmall tractor.a disc,a Lily Rotera,a roller compacter and a back hoe.He did say to me that every project they start it turns into a nightmare.The restrooms have had to be completely redone along with everything else.I hopoe that I have helped out with some questions that you have. One more thing concerning the clay,they have found some locally and will be trucking it in when they can get a chance.

#8 race ace

race ace

race ace

• Members
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:10 PM

thanks chuck i knew you would have the answer . tell them to slow down i ain't ready yet .lol !

race ace

#9 lastlap

lastlap

Insane Racer

• Members
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:54 AM

was just up there this weekend, (sat morning)...no new clay and i didn't even see trucks or anything around...but they have done a lot of work though as they have cleared out the pits and the top road where people park and watch...still a crap ton of work though and as bad as i wanna see the place run again i really see may pushing it...

*from saturday*
Attached File  534441_308773835854974_100001670811561_769251_227012597_n.jpg   123.13KB   803 downloads

did you get written permission from the owner to post this photo?

#10 maxx3773

maxx3773

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:06 PM

*from saturday*

I heard sprint specials only with support classes for this year on sunday nights

#11 suhoney18

suhoney18

No Life

• Members
  • 3,249 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:06 PM

did you get written permission from the owner to post this photo?

considering the photo is mine, i would say yes.....

Edited by suhoney18, 27 March 2012 - 03:08 PM.

#12 plymouth-man

plymouth-man

• Members
  • 2,538 posts
  • Interests:car racing, motorcycles,the great outdoors!!

Posted 27 March 2012 - 03:20 PM

I hope they aren't putting that white clay from cps down there, that stuff never held the moisture right and got dusty before feature time.

Edited by plymouth-man, 27 March 2012 - 03:20 PM.

Mash the loud pedal.

#13 Chuck Stevens

Chuck Stevens

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:27 PM

They are getting some clay from another area,Jeff is shopping around for a tri-axle dump.

#14 suhoney18

suhoney18

No Life

• Members
  • 3,249 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:53 PM

any updates? did they get the new clay down? did they get the bleachers? are they getting any closer to racing?

#15 Derek

Derek

Fast Newbie

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:18 AM

any updates? did they get the new clay down? did they get the bleachers? are they getting any closer to racing?

He said in victory lane last night at Clinton County that he was hoping to open in August.

#16 race ace

race ace

race ace

• Members
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:21 PM

well, i was up last monday and if he thinks he is going to be open by august he must have some big plans because there is as much work left to do as there has already been done, and that is a lot . it looks like the picture suhoney took a few weeks ago.

race ace

#17 race ace

race ace

race ace

• Members
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:49 PM

tried to edit my last post and it won't let me so here we go . i see by the clinton county photos jeff won at clinton county now that is a way to promote your own track right there . congrats to him .

race ace

#18 Chuck Stevens

Chuck Stevens

Cool Newbie

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:49 PM

Update,Rodney was on the grader Friday and got about 70 percent of the clay down.Ed Brady rolled it in before the rain Saturday.Looks good.Rodney will be back up to grade the rest of the clay in.They have removed all the back strecth guardrail and will be installing the new stuff soon.They adding some new lights and polls in turn 4 and 1.Thats all for now.

#19 relurgic action

relurgic action

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:53 PM

its lookes good hupes tu rase tere sooon

#20 suhoney18

suhoney18

No Life

• Members
  • 3,249 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

Update,Rodney was on the grader Friday and got about 70 percent of the clay down.Ed Brady rolled it in before the rain Saturday.Looks good.Rodney will be back up to grade the rest of the clay in.They have removed all the back strecth guardrail and will be installing the new stuff soon.They adding some new lights and polls in turn 4 and 1.Thats all for now.

good to hear, sounds like there really coming along.....thanks for the update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users